JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i am totally sick of hearing about these people getting shot because of cleaning a loaded weapon. honesty the brain power takin must be immense.i ALWAYS,point in a safe direction, take all ammo out, cycle the action, and leave it open, or take it apart. i guess you cant fix stupid.

Why would the gun be pointed at anyone when it is put together at all? The only way I could understand this happening is if he shot her through a wall cuz he was not thinking about what walls might have people on the other side of them.

What was he doing, going "HUEHUEHUE its unloaded, see? *BANG* ...woops"

Why would the gun be pointed at anyone when it is put together at all? The only way I could understand this happening is if he shot her through a wall cuz he was not thinking about what walls might have people on the other side of them.

What was he doing, going "HUEHUEHUE its unloaded, see? *BANG* ...woops"

Could very well be alcohol.

What part of a gun is being cleaned in these scenarios? Certainly not the bore. Maybe he was cleaning the trigger with his finger? Or, maybe he WAS cleaning the bore by running a bullet through it.

i am totally sick of hearing about these people getting shot because of cleaning a loaded weapon. honesty the brain power takin must be immense.i ALWAYS,point in a safe direction, take all ammo out, cycle the action, and leave it open, or take it apart. i guess you cant fix stupid.

yessir, this make ya want to grab the dude and say 'WHAT THE £*&%! IS WRONG WITH YOU???' I too wonder if booze was involved. Hope the woman comes out okay, she (and he) get prayers from me... slightly different prayers, however!

The first rule of firearm safety is and always will be keep the muzzle in a safe direction at ALL times always forever. No one gets hurt that way. New shooters are taught this so they never consider loaded or unloaded....just ALWAYS watch the muzzle............

The first rule of firearm safety is and always will be keep the muzzle in a safe direction at ALL times always forever. No one gets hurt that way. New shooters are taught this so they never consider loaded or unloaded....just ALWAYS watch the muzzle............

I live in a 2nd floor apartment in a three floor building. I'm surrounded by apartments on all sides.

For me, there is no such thing as a safe direction.

Best bet is to make sure that the gun is unloaded.
Sure, the "rule" is that all guns are loaded all the time... but that's a fallacy. I dont believe in playing make believe with my guns.. even if that means "pretending" that they're loaded.

The ladies aren't doing to well these days.:s0131:

<broken link removed>

Deputy Scott Wilson says sometime before the shooting, the boy's father had given him a shotgun cartridge after the boy had expressed an interest in firearms. The father was not home when the shooting happened.

Genius.

I've accidently discharged a weapon while unloading it (old pump action 22lr) But the number 1 rules should always apply with any gun, in any situation, DON'T POINT IT AT ANYONE YOU DON'T WANT TO KILL!!!!!

Idiots.

The ladies aren't doing to well these days.:s0131:

<broken link removed>

Really?!?! a 4 YO loads, chambers and semi-aims a shotgun at his mother and she has no clue?!?! REALLY?!?! Either she is deaf (why would she be on a telephone call), drunk or on drugs, or just really, really ignorant!
my semi auto 12 gauge is VERY loud and recognizable when it slams home, some people just shouldn't be parents!

Really?!?! a 4 YO loads, chambers and semi-aims a shotgun at his mother and she has no clue?!?! REALLY?!?! Either she is deaf (why would she be on a telephone call), drunk or on drugs, or just really, really ignorant!
my semi auto 12 gauge is VERY loud and recognizable when it slams home, some people just shouldn't be parents!

'cuz someone called her?
From what I read the gun was left on the bed after loading and before fire. Should she have reacted to the 1st sound from her child as if she were being ambushed? Second sound (as little as a fraction of a second later) would be the shot. She didn't give the child the shell and then turn her back this was a complete suprise to her.
Sorry but your comments read like some insensitive monday morning quarterbacking from a mall ninja.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top