Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another idiot strikes again

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by eddieb, Nov 4, 2010.

1. eddieb

eddieb Tigard, OR Member

2. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

3. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

i am totally sick of hearing about these people getting shot because of cleaning a loaded weapon. honesty the brain power takin must be immense.i ALWAYS,point in a safe direction, take all ammo out, cycle the action, and leave it open, or take it apart. i guess you cant fix stupid.

4. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

Only Darwin can fix stupid :thumbup:

5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I think a lot of these "cleaning" incidents are either murders or gross negligence that has nothing to do with cleaning the gun. Guns don't just "go off".

6. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Why would the gun be pointed at anyone when it is put together at all? The only way I could understand this happening is if he shot her through a wall cuz he was not thinking about what walls might have people on the other side of them.

What was he doing, going "HUEHUEHUE its unloaded, see? *BANG* ...woops"

7. Phonelesscord

Phonelesscord Portland, Oregon Member

Could very well be alcohol.

8. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Stupid in a bottle.

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Or he's a very good shot.....

10. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

11. BigCat

BigCat Portland Member

No one wants to be part of an accident like this. Stupid things do happen. To everyone. Unfortunate.

12. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

What part of a gun is being cleaned in these scenarios? Certainly not the bore. Maybe he was cleaning the trigger with his finger? Or, maybe he WAS cleaning the bore by running a bullet through it.

13. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

yessir, this make ya want to grab the dude and say 'WHAT THE £*&%! IS WRONG WITH YOU???' I too wonder if booze was involved. Hope the woman comes out okay, she (and he) get prayers from me... slightly different prayers, however!

14. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

The first rule of firearm safety is and always will be keep the muzzle in a safe direction at ALL times always forever. No one gets hurt that way. New shooters are taught this so they never consider loaded or unloaded....just ALWAYS watch the muzzle............

15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I live in a 2nd floor apartment in a three floor building. I'm surrounded by apartments on all sides.

For me, there is no such thing as a safe direction.

Best bet is to make sure that the gun is unloaded.
    Sure, the "rule" is that all guns are loaded all the time... but that's a fallacy. I dont believe in playing make believe with my guns.. even if that means "pretending" that they're loaded.

Genius.

16. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I've accidently discharged a weapon while unloading it (old pump action 22lr) But the number 1 rules should always apply with any gun, in any situation, DON'T POINT IT AT ANYONE YOU DON'T WANT TO KILL!!!!!

Idiots.

17. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

Really?!?! a 4 YO loads, chambers and semi-aims a shotgun at his mother and she has no clue?!?! REALLY?!?! Either she is deaf (why would she be on a telephone call), drunk or on drugs, or just really, really ignorant!
    my semi auto 12 gauge is VERY loud and recognizable when it slams home, some people just shouldn't be parents!

18. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

'cuz someone called her?
    From what I read the gun was left on the bed after loading and before fire. Should she have reacted to the 1st sound from her child as if she were being ambushed? Second sound (as little as a fraction of a second later) would be the shot. She didn't give the child the shell and then turn her back this was a complete suprise to her.
    Sorry but your comments read like some insensitive monday morning quarterbacking from a mall ninja.

19. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

I have a T-shirt I like to wear that says on the back "I'd like to help you, but I can't fix stupid." :laugh::bluelaugh: