JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet this kid got a trophy even though he missed every catch, and stuck out every at bat.
That's where it all starts my friend... Children need to be taught how to handle success as well as failure. Unfortunately in our society today, children are all treated as winners...

Seems we've slipped over the edge. Lord help us, this isn't going to be getting any better any time soon...

As responsible parents, we need to teach our children that failure and defeat come in life as well amsuccess and winning. It's our responsibility to teach them how to deal with those times when things don't go their way or the way they expect them to...

It's a spoiled and entitled society made 100 times by the media, govt, and justice (or lack there of) system.

Unless we come back to common sense and throw away political correctness we will continue to fall down the rabbit hole into anarchy. The place where we need guns the most.

UCLA Murderer Mainak Sarkar Accused Professor of Stealing His Code (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/02/ucla-murderer-mainak-sarkar-accused-professor-of-stealing-his-code0.html)

image.jpeg

there has always been spoiled, self entitled, narcisstic individuals in society the problem is now they are using guns to make their point....

Entitled kids....

Last night at my sons baseball game he struck out (not uncommon) and he got pissed walked into the dugout and tossed his helmet down. As the first base coach I saw it all clearly. After I walked in after the inning I looked at him and said "you will not express your anger in a way like this. There are other outlets, this is not the one."

More kids need to be told they will strike out, fail, get dumped by a girl and wreck their bicycles.

It's part of life.

I'm 34 years of age and I can clearly remember how we were told that self esteem and feeling good about ourselves was the most important. If we did that we would be successful. If we are just confident we will be ok...

Bullbubblegum. Now we have kids killing kids, kids killing their parents and kids killing teachers for failing them, spanking them, dumping them.

Bring pack a good old fashioned bubblegum whooping into the mainstream. Light that nerve up on the butt cheek that induces memory retention.

Bring back schoolyard fights. Supply boxing gloves if needed. Sanction it properly and let these kids get it out of their system.

When we fill these kids with "do and feel good" attitudes and shove media in them with violent games and movies. They see retribution as normal. This is no excuse mind you, I knew if I did wrong I wouldn't be able to sit for two days because my bubblegum would hurt along probably with my upper hamstring area because I probably tried to dodge a couple of willow tree swats.

Blame everyone else for my failures. right? Quick, maybe it's trending....

#notmyproblem #thetwitterlife #socialmedia #diditfortheattention #parentingfail #30minutesoffame #yourdoingitwrong

Entitled kids....

Last night at my sons baseball game he struck out (not uncommon) and he got pissed walked into the dugout and tossed his helmet down. As the first base coach I saw it all clearly. After I walked in after the inning I looked at him and said "you will not express your anger in a way like this. There are other outlets, this is not the one."

More kids need to be told they will strike out, fail, get dumped by a girl and wreck their bicycles.

It's part of life.

I'm 34 years of age and I can clearly remember how we were told that self esteem and feeling good about ourselves was the most important. If we did that we would be successful. If we are just confident we will be ok...

Bullbubblegum. Now we have kids killing kids, kids killing their parents and kids killing teachers for failing them, spanking them, dumping them.

Bring pack a good old fashioned bubblegum whooping into the mainstream. Light that nerve up on the butt cheek that induces memory retention.

Bring back schoolyard fights. Supply boxing gloves if needed. Sanction it properly and let these kids get it out of their system.

When we fill these kids with "do and feel good" attitudes and shove media in them with violent games and movies. They see retribution as normal. This is no excuse mind you, I knew if I did wrong I wouldn't be able to sit for two days because my bubblegum would hurt along probably with my upper hamstring area because I probably tried to dodge a couple of willow tree swats.

Blame everyone else for my failures. right? Quick, maybe it's trending....

#notmyproblem #thetwitterlife #socialmedia #diditfortheattention #parentingfail #30minutesoffame #yourdoingitwrong

Failure is one of life's best teachers. Insulating kids from failure and the rewards for overcoming failure, is to rob them of precious necessary experiences they simply cannot otherwise learn. If you never fall down how do you learn that you can get back up? It sucks to lose. It sucks to fail. It sucks to crash. But I wouldn't trade those events in my life for anything.

A lesson is what I get when I didn't get what I wanted.

Now kids are just too lazy. Instead of finding a sport or hobby to get their energy out they keep it bottled up and play violent videos games that they turn into reality, and they see it blasted all over TV.
It's a way for them in this kardashian society to be famous for being nothing like the rest of youtube.

Kids need to spend more time in the woods learning about how to enjoy taking life slow. They burn up their minds trying to get to the fast life and then go crazy when they don't have a ferrari and a million dollars by the time their 20.
It's no different than the misrepresentation of what a normal body image is.

Dyjital and etrain have hit this square on the head! Back when I was a kid, no matter what sport I played, My team rarely won any thing, but we played hard, and we had fun as a team and were best of friends. We had a some wins, and that made us try harder, it felt good to win. Now days, you get a reward, even if you loose, where did the feeling of failure go? where did the will and effort to win go? Now you sit in front of a game thingy and blow stuff up, and when you loose, you just hit reset and get to start over! Parents, teachers, community have lost the will and ability to teach these valuable lessons, not being able to spank your azz, not allowing kids to settle things in the wood shed like the good ol days, Dad unable to dust yer britches cause you did wrong! Worse, the Military cant even yell at ya or cuss ya when you screw up, you get a colored card you hold up and the D.I. is supposed to stop. These kids don't spend enough time on there faces to really learn right from wrong, and we see it every where! Teachers don't really have the tools to teach these days, instead they have a computer that they are forced to use, the kids are forced to use, and there is no personal interaction. Kids are allowed to have phones and face book and other media and they don't ever learn how to inner act with each other face to face. they don't learn to get along with each other cause they can cuss each other in the computer instead of facing fists in person! UGgggg..............I better stop before I really go off!:mad::mad::mad:

Teachers get beat up by students now and they blame the teachers or the students environment. Not the student or POS parents.

Too many parents that have no love, patience, or want to care for another life, or are alcoholics or druggies.
They need to start charging parents with the same crime they charge the kids with or would have if the kids didn't die.
Then this stuff would happen less and less

Yet another update. Looks like the guy may have killed a woman back east, before driving to UCLA to kill the professor. And, it appears he planned to kill 2 professors, but the other was off campus at the time. Word is coming out he was armed with 'multiple' guns and magazines.

The anti-gun media and politicians may just get to spin this one their way after all....Gabby and the Spaceman are probably just about to have the big "O" just thinking about it...:rolleyes:

Yet another update. Looks like the guy may have killed a woman back east, before driving to UCLA to kill the professor. And, it appears he planned to kill 2 professors, but the other was off campus at the time. Word is coming out he was armed with 'multiple' guns and magazines.

The anti-gun media and politicians may just get to spin this one their way after all....Gabby and the Spaceman are probably just about to have the big "O" just thinking about it...:rolleyes:

Yes, he first murdered a woman back in Minnesota that was breaking up with him a couple of days earlier. That is probably what set off this whole chain of events: a love breakup that he could not tolerate. He had graduated from UCLA back in 2013, so he had not been in contact with either of these professors for some years.

He was an extremely intelligent man, and a Bengali Muslim. He received his bachelor's degree in Engineering in India, but he got a student VISA to study here in the USA. He received his Master's Degree at Stanford, before attending UCLA. So he obviously had a very high IQ.

Women really are not supposed to leave their men in Islamic states. That is a big cultural No-No. Apparently he could not handle the shame and embarrassment. And since he had this old grudge that he was carrying against these two professors, he no doubt decided to settle those old scores as well.

Wild animals care for their young better than a significant portion of the human race.... o_O

Well, the shooter Mainak Sakar was a Bengali Muslim. What started this whole chain of events off was the breakup of a long time relationship. Sakar could not handle having his love leave him, so he murdered her in Minnesota, two days earlier. That was the motive that got all of this initially started. In Islamic culture, women are not supposed to leave their men. They are supposed to be very obedient.

So this is much more of a cultural difference, than it is a parenting issue. Sakar was raised in India with much different values. He only came to America to do his postgraduate studies.

After killing her, though, he obviously decided to also settle this old grudge that he had with these two UCLA professors too. He had actually graduated from UCLA in 2013, so he had not had any contact with these professors for 3 years.

He was obviously a highly intelligent man, to be able to get post graduate degrees from such prestigious universities as Stanford and UCLA. But it appears that he could not successfully adapt to living here in America.

If America was an Islamic nation, I'm confident that none of this would have ever happened.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top