JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On his way out of office, Mr. Dickles.. is pushing his liberal, left agenda again, this time, if its adopted, could be imposed as early as October... heres the link to the ordinance, and public comment....:s0154:

<broken link removed>

Following a shooting that injured three people at the Folklife Festival on May 24, 2008, Mayor Greg Nickels directed City of Seattle departments to study the adoption and enforcement of policies, rules and contractual agreements which would prohibit the possession firearms on city property.

REALLY? At a Folklife Festival? weird...

Yes, and this would be in direct violation of it. This ban has no "legal teeth", but it opens the door to the city getting sued, and losing terribly should someone choose to fight this. The City has no legal standing to enforce this.

Following a shooting that injured three people at the Folklife Festival on May 24, 2008, Mayor Greg Nickels directed City of Seattle departments to study the adoption and enforcement of policies, rules and contractual agreements which would prohibit the possession firearms on city property.

So, I wonder if the shooter was legally in possession of a firearm (i.e. a felon). I bet there's a good chance the shooter has a criminal record that would prohibit him from possessing a gun. Do you think it would break the perps heart to violate one more 'law' by carrying a firearm to the next Folklife Fest?

Actually, I read the reports. He had a CHL and the gun holstered. Someone saw it, started a fight, the gun was pulled from the holster (by whoever) and it discharged.

<broken link removed>

Clinton Chad Grainger was arrested for investigation of three counts of assault after the shooting about 6:20 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say a gun he was carrying in an ankle holster discharged during a scuffle he was having with another man.

The bullet grazed the other man's nasal passage, and then struck another man in the hand and a woman in the leg. None suffered life-threatening injuries. The woman and second man who were struck were not involved in the argument.

What?! He got shot in the nose with a 9mm glock? Ouch.

This thread wasn't really started to re-hash old news guys. The incident cited for instituting this ban, was far blown out of proportion, and the media had a field day with it.

The point was to let everyone KNOW that this is going on... and to PLEASE fill out the comment section.. rather, send your comments. Comments are only going to be heard / received until OCT 4th and then a decision is gong to be made whether or not to adopt this. The state AG has already stated that any ban imposed by the city of officials of Seattle would be in direct violation of Washington State law, however, this has NOT stopped DICKLES from trying. Personally I think he KNOWS it wont pass, but down the road, can use it to garner support from the liberal left, saying "HE TRIED" and "DID ALL HE COULD DO"... Especially if he makes a play for Governor... (HINT HINT)

This thread wasn't really started to re-hash old news guys. The incident cited for instituting this ban, was far blown out of proportion, and the media had a field day with it.

The point was to let everyone KNOW that this is going on... and to PLEASE fill out the comment section.. rather, send your comments. Comments are only going to be heard / received until OCT 4th and then a decision is gong to be made whether or not to adopt this. The state AG has already stated that any ban imposed by the city of officials of Seattle would be in direct violation of Washington State law, however, this has NOT stopped DICKLES from trying. Personally I think he KNOWS it wont pass, but down the road, can use it to garner support from the liberal left, saying "HE TRIED" and "DID ALL HE COULD DO"... Especially if he makes a play for Governor... (HINT HINT)

Well. I'm in Oregon but my identical 'twin' sent a comment through the website:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top