JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Monthly subgun match held today at ARPC with a challenging course that left smiles on those who attended. Stage one was 10 pepper poppers, 2 small and 8 big ones in a wedge with the ones in the back having to be shot down left to right alternating. One big no shoot in the middle and you had to shoot the targets in order. Targets were all painted black and most shooters had black sites.

Stage two was right side of barricade one pepper popper and three ground targets and one of those ground targets was painted half red as a no shoot ( 20 second penalty if red is hit) four more targets three foot off the ground and different sizes going form 3 inches to five inches.

Stage three was left hand only hitting 7 targets of various sizes set at 35 yards.

Every shooter ran through the course with no accidents and ended the course with big smiles.

Match ended and we all grouped together for a mad minute with every gun on the firing line shooting all the targets laid out. You missed it again and never a more beautiful day to be out shooting.

Full auto guns at the shoot, Thompson, Smith 76, Colt M16 in 9mm, m11,uzi,Mp5s, Walther MPK and Swedish K.

Next report will be on ARPC full auto demo day coming in May.

I had one of the M11-9's. Lage MAX11 upper with Primary Arms red dot on it. The course of fire was just challenging enough to lots of fun. I had never fired any of my firearms left handed until then.

The calendar shows the FA shoot cancelled for May, probably because that is the same weekend as the Saddle Butte machine gun shoot. If you don't have a FA firearm, come to the shoot and try out some. That is way less expensive than buying one for yourself.

I am game for June hopefully.. Which reminds me that I ha e to renew my membership.
Sparky.... Thanks for writing that, I was kinda thinking everyone there were professionals with their subguns. I have fired my m11 lage in various setups but never in a a competition.

I had one of the M11-9's. Lage MAX11 upper with Primary Arms red dot on it. The course of fire was just challenging enough to lots of fun. I had never fired any of my firearms left handed until then.

The calendar shows the FA shoot cancelled for May, probably because that is the same weekend as the Saddle Butte machine gun shoot. If you don't have a FA firearm, come to the shoot and try out some. That is way less expensive than buying one for yourself.

There was talk that the June match was going to be a man against man event with two shooters on the line seeing who is fastest at knocking down targets. These challenges take a little more ammo because you will be on the firing line more than one time. Plus the targets will vary in size and distance. Nothing left handed this time though I would practice left handed shooting cause it gets thrown in the mix from time to time.:D

We also encourage anyone with ideas for a match to come forward and we will try to build it. We are about safety first, fun and challenge.

May subgun shoot is always canceled due to the main range full auto shoot. The full auto shoot is full of demo guns you can buy magazines to shoot and try the gun out. Lots of old historical guns and many new models to demo so come and join the fun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top