JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's gone national, now. The Yahoo! site has a lot of the usual stupid responses to something like this, such as the old 'Shoot Him in the Leg' theory, to the 'Now the Shooter is going to have to live with Himself after taking a Human Life' drivel. The best one I read was 'It was only a hatchet. Couldn't the big, tough, gun-toting he-man take it away from him?'

And then these mental midgets are concerned about the IQ of the people carrying guns.

If the store had only declared itself as a no-hatchet zone this poor man who was just turning his life around would not have been gunned down by a gun packing assailant hopped up on stimulants (caffiene). :rolleyes:

A customer at a Washington state 7-Eleven shot and killed a masked man who charged into the convenience store swinging a hatchet on Sunday morning, according to authorities.

The 60-year-old customer was drinking a coffee around 5:30 a.m. (8:30 a.m. ET) when the hatchet-wielding man came into the store in Burien, about 10 miles south of Seattle, according to the King County Sheriff's office.

The suspect first tried to attack the customer and then went after a clerk behind the counter, wounding him in the stomach, the sheriff's office said.

The quick-thinking customer drew a concealed pistol and shot the attacker before calling the police, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Medics attempted to resuscitate the suspect, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. The suspect has not been identified, but he is believed to be in his 40s.

The shooting will be investigated, and the case will be sent to a prosecutor to determine if charges should be filed against the shooter. King County Sheriff Sgt. Cindi West told NBC News that "during the initial investigation we did not see any wrongdoing on the part of the citizen who shot."

"In fact, he may have prevented the clerk from being killed or seriously injured," she said.

The King County Sheriff's Office said the customer has a valid concealed pistol license.

'Shot heard 'round the world'; silence from anti-gunners is deafening

The fatal shooting of a hatchet-wielding man in the unincorporated Boulevard Park area of King County yesterday is a story that has made headlines all the way to the United Kingdom, and about the only people who don't seem to be talking are those in the gun prohibition lobby.

<broken link removed>

Dave Workman
"Note to OP:
In Washington, it's a C-P-L (for concealed pistol license)."

I stand corrected. My body is in Washington but my mind is still in Oregon.

This happened literally within walking distance of my house. The 7-11 that was attacked is owned by a honest and decent South Asian American family. Always have been treated with respect anytime I've stopped by for a quick snack, or yeah, coffee.

Kudos to the gentlemen who saved the clerk's life. Definitely don't envy what happened to the poor guy, but at least the police have made it clear that it was lawful self-defense and a "good shoot".

I've lived in Burien for the past 10 years and I think it's not a bad place to live. Of course, there's bad apples where ever you go, but that's why we carry, right?

EXCLUSIVE: Fifteen seconds: Interview with the 7-11 armed citizen

Saturday's protest theatrics in Arizona, where opponents of GOP front runner Donald Trump blocked a highway, pale in comparison to the drama that unfolded a week ago at a convenience store in Boulevard Park, and yesterday that man spoke exclusively with Examiner.

<broken link removed>

Good for the customers quick thinking and forethought to carry a concealed handgun as it saved a mans life! Im sure the liberal rags are spinning this as conservative plot to undermine their theory that a good guy with a gun cannot stop a bad guy with a gun.

Good for the customers quick thinking and forethought to carry a concealed handgun as it saved a mans life! Im sure the liberal rags are spinning this as conservative plot to undermine their theory that a good guy with a gun cannot stop a bad guy with a gun.

They're not really doing anything with it.
So far. I'm the only writer/reporter this guy has talked to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top