JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What the video doesn't show well is the whistling of the bullet on the subsonic round (2nd). There was a large reduction in volume from unsuppressed to suppressed and then also to subsonic. The rounds I was using for subs weren't that quiet to begin with.

I'll have fun with this can in my .300BLK popping some critters on the farm though with some nasty and heavy 220gr pills.

I bet it's gonna be fun on the .300BLK AR too..

Flawless with .300 BLK today in the Ruger Ranch and the AR-15 Rifle.

Subs were great, tested these out at @tarster's place and then hit the range.

Supers ran well too! Got the can pretty hot with the AR but never not hot enough to take off by hand (good heat resistance on my hands).

1BE5FFB5-844C-44F6-AD07-F7FAAD64F655.jpeg 41139261-0F1C-4F38-9E13-687F1935EFA3.jpeg

Ran some Noveske 220gr ammo (ouch...$$) and some home brew 220gr Hornady round nose with 9.5-10gr of IMR4227, crimped at 2.600"?..

Still need to check for accuracy and chrono with the Magnetospeed.

Working now on getting coloring dialed for some anodizing.

Thinking I'll go with the #4 and a #8 test which is more gold than the #6 shown far left.

B5A779E6-2561-42D5-BA3A-0A5BAD275404.jpeg

I have a good sample of it back at the laboratory.

Ran this over the weekend on the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 5.56 AR. Both were really impressive with a cheap DIY can. 6.5 still shot one hole groups at 100 and the 556 nailed a gong at 200y 19/20 times.

Guys down the line were impressed with the 5.56 AR and how quiet it was even with normal loads. I couldn't tell because I had all that spring and bolt mass moving under my ear.

Enjoyed this titanium can so much, I went ahead and built another suppressor.

Went with a .22LR dedicated, K-baffle design, Form 1 was approved in 28 days.
Finished the hand engraving few nights ago. Waiting to test on variety of .22LR's and see how it does.

Used aluminum this time. I did find the plans for a Ti 22cal can that I wouldn't mind making.. little more than I want to drop right now on another can build but was about 10oz after completion.

Enjoyed this titanium can so much, I went ahead and built another suppressor.

Went with a .22LR dedicated, K-baffle design, Form 1 was approved in 28 days.
Finished the hand engraving few nights ago. Waiting to test on variety of .22LR's and see how it does.

Used aluminum this time. I did find the plans for a Ti 22cal can that I wouldn't mind making.. little more than I want to drop right now on another can build but was about 10oz after completion.

Side trac q: any specific requirements/regs that go with hand engraving? Is that something about anyone with an engraver could do? Even if it "looks" like crud, ie freehand?

-apologizing in advance for a derail...

Side trac q: any specific requirements/regs that go with hand engraving? Is that something about anyone with an engraver could do? Even if it "looks" like crud, ie freehand?

-apologizing in advance for a derail...
As long as it meets the ATF required depth and size, how it's done does not matter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top