JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There was another self inflicted gun "accident" in Southern Oregon two days ago, the second in a month. The timing couldn't have been worse. The victim died the same day SB 941 moved to the senate to be approved by the democrat majority. As reported by Medford television channel KOBI the buyer of a handgun brought the gun to the house of friend to show him the revolver. After checking to see if it was unloaded the friend put it to his head and shot himself with the one bullet that remained in the chamber. A law enforcement spokesman swore that it was not a case of Russian Roulette gone bad. The deceased was 28 years old and the father of a 2 1/2 year old baby. KOBI then reported on SB 941 while panning all of the handguns in the show case of one of Medford's oldest gun stores. The owner who did not use good judgement in allowing them into his store (I'm trying to be kind) wears a patch over one eye and didn't come across well. (In my opinion.) Not a good day for the pro movement. It would be interesting to know if the purchaser of the gun went through a background check when he bought it or if there were witnesses to the shooting other than the friend.

I don't believe the guy at the gun store who wears the eyepatch is the owner. I DO believe he is a PITA, one reason I stopped patronizing the store. Suffice to say, he is NOT one of the Good Guys! (so to speak)

There was another self inflicted gun "accident" in Southern Oregon two days ago, the second in a month. The timing couldn't have been worse. The victim died the same day SB 941 moved to the senate to be approved by the democrat majority. As reported by Medford television channel KOBI the buyer of a handgun brought the gun to the house of friend to show him the revolver. After checking to see if it was unloaded the friend put it to his head and shot himself with the one bullet that remained in the chamber. A law enforcement spokesman swore that it was not a case of Russian Roulette gone bad. The deceased was 28 years old and the father of a 2 1/2 year old baby. KOBI then reported on SB 941 while panning all of the handguns in the show case of one of Medford's oldest gun stores. The owner who did not use good judgement in allowing them into his store (I'm trying to be kind) wears a patch over one eye and didn't come across well. (In my opinion.) Not a good day for the pro movement. It would be interesting to know if the purchaser of the gun went through a background check when he bought it or if there were witnesses to the shooting other than the friend.

As sad, and stupid as this event is, I fail to see how SB 941 would or could have done anything to prevent this. We don't know where the gun was purchased, or when, or whether the guy was a prohibited person. Tragically stupid, but unpreventable so long as people do stupid things. No law would have prevented this.

Some people don't have enough "smarts" to handle guns... The 4 rules of guns quickly comes to mind.

So my question is "What kind of revolver was it? Colt/ cowboy gun? Had to be otherwise the bullet would have been obvious if it was a GP100 type. What kind of MORON puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger?
I'm thinking the timing was bad BUT that's one less moron in the gene pool.
Darwin Award winner!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR