JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'v never been to an indoor range, is it common/standard that they do background checks on there customers

At the Clackamas County PSTC there isn't a background check. You fill out a few bits of paperwork regarding liability, etc. You watch a video about safety, you take a test, pass it and you are good to go.

You can shoot your own guns, their ammo only. If you want to rent a gun you need to bring your own. That way you can't just walk in off the street, pay a little and commit suicide with their guns. They figure that if you have your own gun already, you would commit suicide at home and not at the range....

Didnt something like this happen in florida, where the mom shot her son then herself. Terrible. Noticing her name is japanese at least she didn't knife herself and whack her guts everywhere. And for the ignorant people out there my dads name was Phuc Tran, imagine being in the army with that name like he was lol.

We had a lady years ago purchase a firearm from us. The background check was delayed and she left until we were to call her. About 30 minutes after she left, we got a call from a friend of hers asking me if she had been in trying to purchase a gun. She told me that she was going to commit suicide. We got the police involved and she canceled her purchase.

Didnt something like this happen in florida, where the mom shot her son then herself. Terrible. Noticing her name is japanese at least she didn't knife herself and whack her guts everywhere. And for the ignorant people out there my dads name was Phuc Tran, imagine being in the army with that name like he was lol.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you didn't inheret the family name, lol. No worries, I had a lot of vietnamese friends growing up in California and Phuc was actually more common than one might think.

Background checks are a good idea, because they prevent crazy people from buying guns.

<broken link removed>

Creepy thing for me is that I used to live in that area and used that indoor range regularly.

There's a similar article i read about four separate gun range shooting suicides in florida..

it's really just sick that they do this in this places.. i'm not saying they do it somewhere else.. but man, it just makes it difficult for the rest of us after the whole media and political frenzy..

what I wonder is what good would a background check do in these situations? A crime was not committed with the firearm after it was rented. Background checks will not give mental evaluations.

Last Edited:
Sorry I was not done, I'm using my cell to reply. Anyways, a background check will provide criminal history. I'm sure there are a lot of suicidal folks out there with clean records. Am I making any sense?

yeah, you make perfect sense, perhaps the use is to prevent people with previous violence records or psychotic treatments from renting guns.. but i guess no matter how we look at it, there's really isn't a fool proof thing we could do to prevent these things from happening, but a background check might help a little bit, but it definitely wouldn't prevent it all together..

on top of my head, the only thing i could think about is a psychological evaluation for anyone who wants to rent guns, but that would be impractical and silly, and i wouldn't want to go through one everytime i want to fire a few rounds..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top