JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and I were talking about this tonight and it seems like just about every place on the pacific rim has been hit with an earth quake in the past year except the PNW...

-d

So far. We are due for a fair sized quake based on the historical data for our area.

I believe its every 300 years for the PNW. Of course that is a rough estimate.

Im pretty impressed with how the civilized areas have held up to the sub 8.0 quakes.

ok, maybe they will withdraw from continential USA, and become and isle.

I would prefer Cali becoming another Atlantis, as long as the inhabitants go down with the ship

We had a brutal 6.7 quake here in I think 2001.. my two story swayed one foot in either direction, I almost couldn't run down the hall to escape outside

On top of the Baja earthquake there was a 6.7ish in Sumatra (Indonesia... they seem to get hit alot.) yesterday.

The frequency of earthquakes is still "Normal", as far as physical amount, but the intensity and strength has gone up alot, as well as lingering time and strength of aftershocks. (thats my collective opinion from reading different science sources)
That and the media reporting every 6.0+ that happens, just seems like alot more.

there was a 7.8 quake in indonesia a few days ago
amazed we've heard nothing mentioned via our national 'world news'
<broken link removed>

Ah yes it was a 7.8 excuse me. I actually saw it on CNN tv was where i heard it yesterday, but it was a "by the way" story since there was little tsunami threat and relatively low damage.

Some cool pics I found from mexico.
quake4.jpg
quake5.jpg
quake6.jpg
quake7.jpg

I would prefer Cali becoming another Atlantis, as long as the inhabitants go down with the ship

We had a brutal 6.7 quake here in I think 2001.. my two story swayed one foot in either direction, I almost couldn't run down the hall to escape outside

Knowing our luck, those people would flood Oregon and turn the PNW into another California. That's the problem. They come up here to avoid what they didn't like and then try to turn us into what they left...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top