JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"I don't understand why people still decide to live in that ship hole of a town. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!"

Sometimes it ain't that easy. It took us at least a couple of years to prepare for our escape from the DPRK (1992). Now, the place we escaped to is the same as place we escaped from, and for various reasons escape from the Emerald Cesspool is simply not feasible. :( :mad:
I agree and disagree. You're entirely correct, it is not easy. In fact, it is very disruptive and can even be a long-term pain in the pocketbook (e.g., make your commute times worse or require a job change). But where I differ is to contend that something is "not feasible." This is the United States. In this country, everything that is legal is absolutely feasible, it just becomes a matter of will power. Either you are willing to do what is necessary or you are choosing to support the stupidity. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I've made this kind of move twice now, and we're actively looking at having to finally leave the West Coast behind by moving to Idaho. These are definitely hard decisions, but at the end of the day all the excuses are just that, excuses. I don't accept hollow excuses out of my children, and I don't accept them in my own life. Where there is a will there is a way.

You make your case for Following the Dream most eloquently, however you are not familiar with all the facts in context.
I said moving is not feasible for us, not that it is impossible. We moved 5 times between 2003 and 2008, including to TX and back to here, so we are well familiar with the degree of effort involved in relocating. After having done a cost/benefit analysis leaving here for someplace else simply does not justify the effort. If we were 20-25 years younger (and if mama had a sack she'd be daddy) it would be different . At this point in life access to medical care is a major factor, and given how much trouble moving is we would be expending a significant portion of our remaining life expectancy in doing so - more than it's worth.
Therefore, rather than preparing to vacate the Emerald Cesspool for Free America (or what passes for it) we will be getting our garden in and getting the house painted.

You make your case for Following the Dream most eloquently, however you are not familiar with all the facts in context.
I said moving is not feasible for us, not that it is impossible. We moved 5 times between 2003 and 2008, including to TX and back to here, so we are well familiar with the degree of effort involved in relocating. After having done a cost/benefit analysis leaving here for someplace else simply does not justify the effort. If we were 20-25 years younger (and if mama had a sack she'd be daddy) it would be different . At this point in life access to medical care is a major factor, and given how much trouble moving is we would be expending a significant portion of our remaining life expectancy in doing so - more than it's worth.
Therefore, rather than preparing to vacate the Emerald Cesspool for Free America (or what passes for it) we will be getting our garden in and getting the house painted.
I can certainly respect that. :s0155:

Nah.....the suspect was just having a "Bad Trip". Forget about any criminal prosecution. Yeah....anyone could have a "Bad Trip".

Rrrrright.....
Because, if it wasn't for the cops disturbing him......everything would have been all right.

Imagine.....
You're having a blissful psychedelic drug-induced trip and suddenly you're awakened by some Nazi/Racist/Back Shooting cop?

Aloha, Mark

Nah.....the suspect was just having a "Bad Trip". Forget about any criminal prosecution.

Yeah....anyone could have a "bad trip".

Aloha, Mark
Good point. Lots of poeple here are ready to forgive literally anything because "he is/was mentally ill". The problem is it was their choice to do the new meth (For example) that made them into violent homeless mentally ill. But "it's not their fault" poeple here say, we need to coddle them and give them free food and housing at $4000 per month for a single room.

I say why not spend $ on fixing the problem instead of enabling them and making it easier to get psychotic-inducing drugs like the P2P meth? We are digging a gigantic hole that needs more $ just to help the ones who are already addicted meanwhile the hole gets deeper exponentially. We need to spend $ to start filling the hole,not dig it deeper. Current spending is over $200,000 per year per homeless person. And that is BEFORE the new PDX 1% Portland income tax for homeless, the new 1% business tax for homeless, and any new $ from the state legislature. Many states give them 1 way tickets to Pdx or Seattle (this from a friend that works for a Pdx homeless non profit) because they know they will be "taken care of" here. And that's doesn't include the ones who come here on their own because they know all drugs are legal. It's a homeless and drug addict Mecca.

Me thinks.......
That the Legislature already knew the scope of the problem(s) they would be facing if/when they opened the MJ box.

Either that.....or they were "MAJOR STUPID".

Yes......I believe that MJ is/was the "gateway".

Aloha, Mark

PS.......BUT, But, but......I didn't KNOW that my MJ would be/might be laced with some other drug. That guy on the street corner promised me a "Good Trip".

Me thinks.......
That the Legislature already knew the scope of the problem(s) they would be facing if/when they opened the MJ box.

Either that.....or they were "MAJOR STUPID".

Yes......I believe that MJ is/was the "gateway".

Aloha, Mark

PS.......BUT, But, but......I didn't KNOW that my MJ would be/might be laced with some other drug. That guy on the street corner promised me a Good Trip.
Imo that is certainly true for oregon, Colorado, and Washington. I haven't talked to that many from CO but they all say the same thing. The homeless problem etc all started when they made MJ legal. I'm not criticizing anyone's choice to drink or smoke what they want. Just stating my opinion that state-sanctioned legal drugs creates a desirable place for homeless and criminals to move to. Look at the illegal drug farms, P2P meth, and fentanyl-laced drugs now. it's worse than ever before now that drugs are legal. Lack of legalized drugs is therefore a big factor for us as we weigh options of where to move to.

Imo that is certainly true for oregon, Colorado, and Washington. I haven't talked to that many from CO but they all say the same thing. The homeless problem etc all started when they made MJ legal. I'm not criticizing anyone's choice to drink or smoke what they want. Just stating my opinion that state-sanctioned legal drugs creates a desirable place for homeless and criminals to move to. Look at the illegal drug farms, P2P meth, and fentanyl-laced drugs now. it's worse than ever before now that drugs are legal. Lack of legalized drugs is therefore a big factor for us as we weigh options of where to move to.
I guess there could be a causal link, but I suspect the abysmal lack of leadership by Democrats in all those states is much more the problem.

Speaking of MJ and the other perhaps soon-to-be legal or decriminalized drugs......
Is the term.....
"Responsible Drug Use" an oxymoron?

Aloha, Mark

PS......Hummmmm......the LEFT passed out "free needles" and look where many of them ended up?

Mitigation or a greater possibility that YOU (or your kids) might get "accidentally jabbed"?

Last Edited:
Oxy Moron = someone who uses the new fake oxycodone laced with fentanyl. :p

I jest, but 2 local high school kids just died from it so it's sad. We got email from Portland public schools on it.

The guy in Salem who had 63 guns confiscated the other day (yesterday I think?) had a lot of this fake oxycodone to distribute. They say it comes from Mexico I think. He was a felon who would trade it for poeple to buy him guns as I understand it.

Another view is that the War on Drugs didn't stop drug use, and brought no more benefits to our nation than did Prohibition. WOD brought many of the same problems as Prohibition: Increasing fed agencies, increased hard edged enforcement, new expansion of laws around seizure of property, no-knock warrants to preserve evidence, and massive profits to fund vast criminal enterprises of producers, smugglers and various thugs. The cartels still extant were built from…demand from about 20% of the population.

About 20% of the users consume about 80% of the product whether booze, beer, weed, cocaine, coffee or heroin. At least that was the reported proportion of use age trends when I looked into all this years ago.

About 20% of the users consume about 80% of the product whether booze, beer, weed, cocaine, coffee or heroin. At least that was the reported proportion of use age trends when I looked into all this years ago.
Coffee? Have no data to prove anything, but man, I'd be pretty shocked if coffee was consumed by only 20% of the people in this country. Just can't see a mere 20% consuming 8/10 of all coffee; usage (and heavy usage at that) just seems too widespread.

Coffee? Have no data to prove anything, but man, I'd be pretty shocked if coffee was consumed by only 20% of the people in this country. Just can't see a mere 20% consuming 8/10 of all coffee; usage (and heavy usage at that) just seems too widespread.
No, about 60-70% of USA drinks coffee. But that is not what I wrote about. If you re-read it, you'll see.

It's not his fault. With a name like Cutfinger, what are his options? General Cutfinger your troops await. I don't think so. Dr Cutfinger, brilliant operation. No one could have pulled that off but you. Mr. Cutfinger, how have you managed so many successes?

Is he related...?

Spock_eyebrow.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR