JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is fiction, but it runs along the lines of alternate history, and how groups of people cope and survive...and dont.

I talked to the author back and forth while I was in Afghanistan, fantastic author. Books are largely based in Oregon.

Dies the Fire is the first in the series. They really are good reads. Looks at lots of angles to survival you would not likely think about, due to some very unique circumstances.

S.M. Stirling

I'm 2 books behind, and yeah the wiccan stuff goes a bit extreme, but I guess things in that type of world would be that way. I guess I need to get to the bookstore.

I think SM Stirling is a great author and I have read a lot of his books. I've read all of this series except the last one, was thinking to wait and get it from the library, due to...

My main objection besides the silly Wicca stuff is the endless descriptions of what people are eating, what they are wearing, etc. Overall a great series, and I especially loved the first two or three books, but really it would have been better done with about 50% less words.

This whole story line should have been wrapped up a book or two ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top