JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, another dipwad has done it!
The Oregonian has a story today about another concealed carry person shooting his friend accidentally and killing him. He said he was practicing tactics for a robbery or some such crap. Hope they put him away for a long time. The story says he was arrested on a measure 11 crime. minimum of 72 months for manslaughter. The only positive part is that he killed his friend with a 380acp. So much for the lack of stopping power of the 380, EH?
Greydog.:(

This thing should be more common so it's not "news" anymore. No one reports DUI deaths or accidents like they're news yet they're more common. I thnk it would be good if half of you go out and have an "accident". If you're uncomfortable "accidentally" taking another's life feel free to make it self-inflicted. It's a win for everyone because either way, before long we won't have any more of these sorts of threads starting.

This thing should be more common so it's not "news" anymore. No one reports DUI deaths or accidents like they're news yet they're more common. I thnk it would be good if half of you go out and have an "accident". If you're uncomfortable "accidentally" taking another's life feel free to make it self-inflicted. It's a win for everyone because either way, before long we won't have any more of these sorts of threads starting.
snew, WTF? where are you coming from? are you advocating that all ccw permit holders accidentally kill a friend? Please clarify your post! Self inflicted? Are you advocating suicide? If so, please get to the front of the line!
Greydog.

I hate to say it, but it's a numbers game. With the dramatic rise of CHL holders you will naturally see a commensurate rise in these types of incidents. Even though the statistical percentage of these type of incidents vs the total number of CHL holders is probably the same as it was a few years ago. Unfortunately, the MSM will report these with glee.

I would be interested to see actual numbers to see if my theory is correct regarding the percentage of accidents/incidents with CHL holders. Anyone seen any stats?

snew, WTF? where are you coming from? are you advocating that all ccw permit holders accidentally kill a friend? Please clarify your post! Self inflicted? Are you advocating suicide? If so, please get to the front of the line!
Greydog.

I think cougarfan's got it wired. Just get used to it and try your best to explain it to people around you who are talking about it that way. We don't need more threads like this. :s0155:

To answer your question, yes, it was mostly tongue in cheek but there's some truth to it. There's very little public outcry about drunk driving anymore but a shark bites a surfer and everyone's on a shark hunt. What's "news" and what isn't? It's considered that everyday, mundane things aren't. If this was everyday then it wouldn't be news AND we'd have the added bbenefit of of taking the accident prone out of the loop, thus making the whole world safer for the rest of us. See? The more I read the more disappointed I am in my "peers". All the "we" look bad again threads and the hyper sensitive bandwagon a lot of you jump on really is sad. It almost seems as if the lot of you guys are going out looking for stories like this, making you as bad as the new outlets. And, people like that the rest of us have no use for.

Here's the story BTW. Anyone here know this guy?

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2010/06/court_documents_say_gresham_ma.html

This highlights something I do for safety and I've taught my boys and that is to leave if you find that someone is just being reckless with a gun, if someone is legitimately servicing a gun in your presence you should never be afraid to ask them to safety check the gun and/or safe check it yourself.

I think cougarfan's got it wired. Just get used to it and try your best to explain it to people around you who are talking about it that way. We don't need more threads like this. :s0155:

To answer your question, yes, it was mostly tongue in cheek but there's some truth to it. There's very little public outcry about drunk driving anymore but a shark bites a surfer and everyone's on a shark hunt. What's "news" and what isn't? It's considered that everyday, mundane things aren't. If this was everyday then it wouldn't be news AND we'd have the added bbenefit of of taking the accident prone out of the loop, thus making the whole world safer for the rest of us. See? The more I read the more disappointed I am in my "peers". All the "we" look bad again threads and the hyper sensitive bandwagon a lot of you jump on really is sad. It almost seems as if the lot of you guys are going out looking for stories like this, making you as bad as the new outlets. And, people like that the rest of us have no use for.
I think it is time to remove the a**hat and admit that we have fools amongst us. There is no way to ignore the situation or diminish it! Self policing won't work. The lefty lamestream media will do what it will do no matter what we say. Education is the only answer and if we stick our head in the sand, it leaves the most vulneravble part of the human anatomy exposed to be kicked. Fight back by educating all your friends who ccw about stupid and unsafe practices. The statement that if this is an "everyday occurrence the media will ignore it." is distressing to say the least. That leaves the question, will a shooting everyday desensitize the media to the point of non story? Seriously? Surely you are misstating your point. Please rethink!
By the way, if you think I go out of my way to find these storys, you are sadly mistaken. I read the stinking Oregonian only to get a preview of the "enemy's" war plan. Greydog.

Idiot.

Smith told investigators that he had firearm safety training, and knows that alcohol and firearms do not mix, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in court.

Tyler Gregory Smith was initially arrested and accused of negligent homicide, but on Monday he was arraigned on the more serious allegation of second-degree manslaughter, accused of recklessly causing the death of Tyler Baker, also 26, of Portland.

With the age demographic I have a hunch that one or both these guys may have been members.

Police said Smith shot Baker once in the chest with a .380-caliber handgun. The shooting occurred inside another friend's single-story home at 816 Northeast 110th Ave. in Portland.

It looks like 3 people were involved.

These incidents actually become 'teachable moments' for my son.

I'll tell him what's read in the news and I'll ask him what is wrong from the information I give him. He normally get's most if the major items correct.

They need to do an IQ test before they give out CHLs I think lol I plan on doing some drills with weapon retention and how to use a firearm in a self defense situation. I am gonna go buy a toy cap gun and use that when I practice.......... not so hard to use common since, what is wrong with these people?

Trismn correctly identifies the "age demographic" that's most at risk. A reasonably intelligent and functional man who purports to know better than drink & DRAW nonetheless goes ahead and does so.
Sure, go ahead and blame the booze - to me it's just a symptom of the young-immortal-male syndrome.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top