JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm building a Retro 604 (Early M16 Air force style Rifle) and will reprofile the CMMG 20 " Dedicated Govt. Profile barrel to Pencil profile and install a 3 Prong FH (I'm using all real deal Retro AR/M16 parts for this build but it will be a Dedicated 22 lr Retro build .

I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't not buy from a retailer just because they tried to make a profit during a panic. Price is king for me. They can sell it whenever they want for how much they want, I don't have to buy it. Some buyers feel like they get to choose how much a retailer charges..... If they are offering it at a better price than everywhere else you can find it, I would buy it from them without blinking an eye. Since I have found other online stores like primaryarms.com, opticsplanet.com, palmettostatearmory.com, dsgarms.com, midwayusa.com (insert others here), there isn't anything I have bought in the past 6 years that has been from CTD because they never have a better price after shipping on what I am looking for. I stopped even bothering to check their site.

In summary, buy where you can get the most bang for your buck, if you really want to support the USA economy, buy from an American company over a foreign company. CTD is an American company as far as I know, they just might not have the best prices.

CTD is entitled to a profit and it's their right to determine what that is.
How much were people selling a bottle of water for during Katrina?
Free enterprise, right?
So while that may be true, price gouging is wrong.

I don't remember how many "Panics" ago I stopped patronizing them. As someone already said, they're dead to me. :cool:

Pure Capitalism. Supply and Demand. Buy elsewhere if you wanna.

Oh believe me.....we have been.

As Stomper pointed out earlier, this wasn't a simple case of raising prices. There were pending orders that got canceled by CTD, and the product was then offered back up again at the inflated rates.

E

I'm about to purchase something from Cheaper than Dirt , should I hesitate and look elsewhere , have they got bad street cred now or have they developed a bad rep lately ???

I've never had any problems with Cheaper Than Dirt. Clearly I've missed the controversy.

Despite no personal CTD problems, I always try to purchase from local gun shops first. Local businesses, local families need those sales far more than some giant online beast.

That's my $0.02.

I've never had any problems with Cheaper Than Dirt. Clearly I've missed the controversy.

Despite no personal CTD problems, I always try to purchase from local gun shops first. Local businesses, local families need those sales far more than some giant online beast.

That's my $0.02.

As an added bonus, when you buy locally you can minimize all the data that gets swept up between credit processing and shipping if you pay cash. Some might think that is worth a small premium.

Funny, I think I checked pricing at CTD dozens of times, not once did I ever see a reason to buy anything there. Always seemed too pricey for the product, or they were out of stock if the price was good. Kind of like places that put words like Discount or Low in their name. Sometimes they have the highest prices around, and just try to lure you in with those words that imply a great deal. Buyer beware, always have to shop around to verify pricing.

Funny, I think I checked pricing at CTD dozens of times, not once did I ever see a reason to buy anything there. Always seemed too pricey for the product, or they were out of stock if the price was good. Kind of like places that put words like Discount or Low in their name. Sometimes they have the highest prices around, and just try to lure you in with those words that imply a great deal. Buyer beware, always have to shop around to verify pricing.

Yeah that. Ever heard of a "Loss Leader"? They're real. Company offers an item at a price very close to cost or below to get people in hoping they'll buy other items with normal or higher profit margins. So actually you could be getting them back when you see an item at some stoopid low price, if you buy only the loss leader and nothing else.

I didn't know about the panic gouging, but still do not look to CTD first for something that I am looking for. They have had good deals on hard to find items, 17 round Tanfoglio and 30 round DSA FAL Magazines, at good prices. I keep track of what I buy and have only bought twice from them in the last 5 years. Generally, they are overpriced and to use their name is an oxymoron. I will keep the gouging in mind from now on. That is just not cool.

Folks, for any hard to find arms and accessories you really should give
LuckySG a chance to help you out, and Jeremy is a vendor for DSA, so he can get the deals directly from them, no more mark ups for the middle man! Trust me on this, Jeremy is THE guy for this!:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top