Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another casualty of Mexican Carry

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Sounds like this guy went off half cocked! :laugh:

As Chandler residents Joshua Seto, 27, and his fiancée, Cara Christopher, walked over to a Fry's Food Store for refreshments, he tried securing her pink handgun in the front waistband of his pants.

The gun fired, striking Seto's penis and continuing through his left thigh. The bleeding started immediately and was heavy, according to police dispatch recordings released Sunday.

"He is still conscious, there is just a lot of blood," Christopher , 26, told 9-1-1 operators and dispatchers.

One operator told Christopher to apply direct pressure to the wound with a dry towel or T-shirt, but to avoid looking at the wound.

"I did look at it," Christopher said. "It's pretty bad."

The accidental shooting took place about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on the 900 block of W. Elliot Road.

When the emergency call first went through, Chrisopher was asked if they needed paramedics, she said yes.

"He's still coherent and everything but he's bleeding quite a lot," she said.

In the wake the accident, police are warning armed residents to use holsters, not waistbands.

The movies and TV shows, like Sons of Anarchy, that show tough guys with guns shoved into their jeans are not realistic, Chandler Police Detective Seth Tyler said Sunday.

The cops and robbers of the silver screen most likely use rubber weapons, which weigh far less than the real things, Tyler said.

"Whenever you handle a firearm, whether you are a novice or experienced, always treat firearms as though they are loaded, said Tyler, a spokesman for the department. "If you are going to carry a handgun on your person, use a holster, not your waistband."

Meanwhile, it is not clear if Seto has been released from the hospital or suffered any permanent damage, Tyler said.

"He is recovering," Tyler said.

He may possibly face charges, too, Tyler said. "The case agent is still determining that," Tyler said Sunday.

Tyler was unsure of the type of gun, or whether it had a safety that was off.

Read more: Police urge holster use after man shoots his own penis

2. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hope he had some to spare! :D

3. sowatnao

sowatnao seattle Member

so those two took turns carrying the hand gun(according to the first paragraph)??..... he shot his penis, she's traumatized, i guess no marriage is going to happen, he has no more penis, and he might get charged...

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

5. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Keep your finger off the trigger! I try to always use a holster but there is sometimes I don’t, I just stick it about 3:30 or 4:00ish. Every time I do I tell myself I shouldn’t..... and DONT JOCK it if you do (and you shouldn't)!

6. Cougfan2

The guy is actually lucky to be alive. If he had hit his femoral artery he would have been gone in 2-3 minutes.

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  7. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

I dont know what is worse, shooting yourself in the penis, or shooting yourself in the penis with a pink handgun....

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  8. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I missed it, but does it give any info on what type of handgun?

9. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

Pink :) nuff said...

10. Spray-n-pray

It only said it passed through his junk. It could have been a .22lr. We don't know, but if it was a HP .45acp, then I would think much more extensive damage. Hopefully, this guy learns a valuable lesson, heals up, gets hitched, and puts it to good use.

11. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

12. Spray-n-pray

Sure, I get it, but a pink Sig mosquito is different than a duracoated Glock 30. I was just wondering, that's all.

13. FortunateSon

I believe she shot him, with her pink handgun.

He claimed responsibility to save himself further embarassment, as if it were possible............

14. Spray-n-pray

Geez Louise! All I wondered is what kind of gun it was, since everybody is speculating on amount of damage, and that he had his finger on the trigger. It is possible that clothing caught the trigger causing the discharge. There's not enough information in the quoted article. Forget I asked......

15. Cougfan2

He was using a PEE shooter.

16. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

What I find amazing is that the same people that would never consider carrying their smartphone in the waist of their pants for fear of losing, dropping, damaging their phone will stick a gun in the waistband without a second thought.

17. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Now THAT is funny!

18. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Well, stupidity won't be his only short coming from now on.............

19. FortunateSon

No mention of actual damage, but I have to wonder..............

Does this mean the poor lad will be shooting blanks from now on?

Fishnutz and (deleted member) like this.
  20. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

That's another reason I love Glocks: The holster is an essential part of the weapon, and there's no way I'd ever consider carrying it without one. Extra safeties can make you less safe if you start taking them for granted.