JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never felt a thing here. But then I guess I'm just too far away......:cool:

1583183666786.png

At least a swarm of three with a couple of pretty good ones on the South end of the fault. Off the coast of Northern CA. Very shallow. Just what we may or may not need. I was taking a nap and I may have actually felt the biggest one here in Cave Junction OR.

That is all.

If a big one, by that, the Big One oft predicted, oft feared to be 9 Richter Scale; strikes, how overwhelmed would the PNW medical communities be, considering Covid-19 as well?
The emergency-management plan for The Big One: "If you're reading this, you're SCREWED."

Stinger lines:
During the interview, they noted that Seattle has higher priorities than mass evacuation planning. Moreover, Seattle must deal with moving people around bodies of water or mountain ranges that constrain transportation and limit the potential for evacuation routes. However, information presented in the interview identified a few impediments that may impact effective large-scale, mass evacuations from the Seattle area, including:
  1. Congestion - Based upon everyday congestion, Puget Sound officials know where their bottlenecks would constrain a mass evacuation.
  2. Limited Infrastructure - Although interviewees indicated known road bottlenecks would constrain a mass evacuation, interviewees suggested that building a roadway network large enough for a possible mass evacuation of the city would not constitute good fiscal stewardship since excess capacity would either be wasted, immediately filled with traffic from new development, or create negative environmental impacts from such construction in the area.
  3. Insufficient Responder Resources to Manage an Evacuation - Authorities noted that, even if they could accommodate a mass evacuation, they don't have the responder resources available to direct and manage a mass evacuation operation on the NHS roads.

Foreboding thought: if the big one hit while in this Covid-19 paranoia, those who volunteer would be pulling a lot of people out of housing that collapsed. At least no one would think that was fake or some form of warfare.

If the big one happens just after the pandemic is declared over, (say around mid August) a bunch of vacationing folks all along the long low beaches are going to be under 100 feet of water very quickly. No way out. That sounds like a movie title. Yikes!

That is all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads