JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Expressed my displeasure with having to tell my legislators that I didn't deserve to be a criminal to a poor gentleman on Democratic Representative Ben Unger (Hillsboro) staff today. Ben is a super pro-gun democrat. I asked his aide to pass along to his party that I owned guns, served my country, and I'm not a criminal or a mass-murderer, so LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! His aide agreed the Democratic party is really careening so far left it was starting to get ridiculous.
I guess we need a list of pro gun Democrats as well.

HB3200 Sponsors and Co-sponsors:

Rep. Greenlick – 503-986-1433

Rep. Bailey – 503-986-1442

Rep. Buckley – 503-986-1405

Rep. Dembro – 503-986-1445

Rep. Frederick – 503-986-1443

Rep. Keny-Guyer – 503-986-1446

Rep. Read – 503-986-1427

Rep. Reardon – 503-986-1428

Rep. Tomei – 503-986-1441

Sen. Burdick – 503-986-1718

Sen. Dingfelder – 503-986-1723

Sen. Hass – 503-986-1714

Sen. Monnes Anderson – 503-986-1725

Sen. Monroe – 503-986-1724

Sen. Shields – 503-986-1722

Sen. Steiner Hayward – 503-986-1717

There are email addresses and Facebook links for many of the above for those that want to use them at this link
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/124858-official-oregon-hb-3200-bill-thread-11.html#post819498

I guess we need a list of pro gun Democrats as well.

There is no such thing as a pro-gun Democrat. Many Democrat politicians vote with their emotions and most politicians vote along Party lines. When the Party says jump, they jump. Don't believe for a minute that just because a politician (Democrat or Republican) says that they are pro-gun that they will vote against any of the absurd gun control legislation we have seen submitted recently. We need to be relentless in our e-mail's, telephone calls and letters to our State and Federal representatives.

There is no such thing as a pro-gun Democrat. Many Democrat politicians vote with their emotions and most politicians vote along Party lines. When the Party says jump, they jump. Don't believe for a minute that just because a politician (Democrat or Republican) says that they are pro-gun that they will vote against any of the absurd gun control legislation we have seen submitted recently. We need to be relentless in our e-mail's, telephone calls and letters to our State and Federal representatives.

That's D vs R bullbubblegum. Typical Republican message, "you HAVE to vote for a republican if you like guns." Sorry, I vote on the actual issues, not BS rhetoric.

Furthermore, that list of "Pro-Gun" Democrats all have strong 2A supporting voting records. Unger for instance has a higher rating by the NRA than most Republicans in Oregon. I'm not a firm believer in the NRA's political machine but, they don't support many democrats unless they have a strong voting record.

The political leadership has control of their members. If the leadership wants a bill passed they will threaten to pull party support come re-election time as well as leaving uncooperative members out in the cold when they make committee appointments. Keep the heat on. Can't trust any of them.

Thinking you have to get a Republican to replace the likes of Burdick is a sure way to lose.

Support a pro gun Democrat to beat her, it's the only way. If you don't think a Democrat can be pro gun then you're brainwashed and exactly what the political establishment wants.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Yep, as a rep, my primary vote really desnt matter. I think i am going to change my party to dem just to get to pick the better dem in the primary, then vote rep in the general election. When the rep looses at least we might get a better dem.

That's D vs R bullbubblegum. Typical Republican message, "you HAVE to vote for a republican if you like guns." Sorry, I vote on the actual issues, not BS rhetoric.

Furthermore, that list of "Pro-Gun" Democrats all have strong 2A supporting voting records. Unger for instance has a higher rating by the NRA than most Republicans in Oregon. I'm not a firm believer in the NRA's political machine but, they don't support many democrats unless they have a strong voting record.

I apologize for hurting your "feelings". Where exactly in my post do I suggest about voting Republican? All I said is that there is no such thing as pro-gun Democrat and it is true. Show me any one of the Oregon Democrat politicians that would vote against universal registration if they had the opportunity.

Thanks for the heads up.

Here's the text from the OFF alert and the link:
Even More Anti-Gun Bills - Oregon Firearms Federation

Even More Anti-Gun Bills

There are several more anti-gun bills you should be aware of. They are by all the usual suspects.

House Bill 3114 gives colleges and universities the right to ban CHL holders from their property. In order to see the actual ban language you must scroll all the way to page 65 of this 66 page bill. This bill is a response to our successful lawsuit against the Oregon University System. On the other hand, House Bill 3009 does the exact opposite, specifically granting CHL holders the right to be there.

House Bill 3412 “Establishes Task Force on Reducing Gun Violence.” What a waste of time and money. As though the “task force” is going to learn anything new.

House Bill 3413 creates mandatory lock up laws for your firearms. If you’re not home and your 17 year old daughter uses one of your guns to defend herself against a home invader you can spend a year in jail and pay a fine of $6250.00.

You can see all the bills at this link.

It’s imperative that we keep the heat on these people. Remember, you can contact your own legislator using this link. You don’t need to write anything long or profound. Our job is not to “educate” them. A simple “NO ON GUN CONTROL” will do it.

The Dembrows and Dingfelders and Keny-Guyers know exactly what they are doing. They are trying to eliminate your gun rights. They are not going to “see the light.” But we can make them feel the heat.

I apologize for hurting your "feelings". Where exactly in my post do I suggest about voting Republican? All I said is that there is no such thing as pro-gun Democrat and it is true. Show me any one of the Oregon Democrat politicians that would vote against universal registration if they had the opportunity.

You didn't hurt my "feelings." I just pointed out that you are another uninformed drone who votes based on the "R" and "D" letters after a candidates name. That's the reason we get crappy legislators. Because rather than actually LEARN about a representative, you vote based on party.

Andy Olson for instance, Republican from District 15, has a lower rating for gun rights than Ben Unger.

You didn't hurt my "feelings." I just pointed out that you are another uninformed drone who votes based on the "R" and "D" letters after a candidates name. That's the reason we get crappy legislators. Because rather than actually LEARN about a representative, you vote based on party.

Andy Olson for instance, Republican from District 15, has a lower rating for gun rights than Ben Unger.

You are making some heavy assumptions. You have no idea about how I vote, how politically active I am, or how much I research candidates.

When Democrats cannot present an arguement stating facts they resort to name calling like "I am a uninformed drone". Very classy and educated statement. By the way, I am a registered Independent, no R or D here.

You are making some heavy assumptions. You have no idea about how I vote, how politically active I am, or how much I research candidates.

When Democrats cannot present an arguement stating facts they resort to name calling like "I am a uninformed drone". Very classy and educated statement. By the way, I am a registered Independent, no R or D here.

Yet you assume I'm a Democrat. I'm in fact, not. So watch for the return swing on your judgmental pendulum. And the fact that you stated
There is no such thing as a pro-gun Democrat.
proves that you are either a liar or uneducated. You make a blatantly false statement, get called out, resort to "I hurt you feelings" statement that is obviously ignorant, and then bubblegum when I call you such. Sorry man, you can't have it both ways.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top