JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While fundamentally I don't disagree, I would make one caveat

Violent felon in possession of a firearm.

Or maybe even the caveat a felon in possession during the commission of a crime.

I know a number of good people who made mistakes in their past who are not a danger to society. Most drug related, the people now being free from drugs for several decades. They are not a risk to society, they just happened to be people who got caught doing what a lot of people do when they are young and dumb.

I have one friend who owns a number of firearms, his wife is a prohibited person from a 20 year old pot conviction. (in Idaho where if you get a drug charge you are never eligible to restore firearms rights without a pardon from the Governor ) He goes to great lengths to make sure she is never in "possession" but if some hot shot cop got a bug in his butt I am sure she could be charged.

So you would give her a fixed prison term of 25 years? Ignore the 20+ years she has been a productive member of society, the kids she has raised and all the good she has done since?

These are good people. If you met this family you would never guess she is a convicted felon. They own a nice home in a upper middle class neighborhood, she runs an insurance brokerage. She is on the PTA, drives a new Subaru packing around her three kids to soccer and dance class.

We live in a world where "felon" really does not mean what comes to mind probably better than 1/2 the time. 9% of the population has a past felony conviction. 9 out of every 100 people you see every day is a convicted felon. There are people who I think should never be allowed to have a firearm, But "felon" in many cases is not a good metric in my opinion.

Remember in several states it is a felony to give or receiver oral sex :D
Previous violent felony or in possession during the commission of a felony. I see no issue there. Point is, we need to start being tougher on people who commit crimes with firearms. The POS who killed the cop in Astoria last month had multiple violent confrontations with police and certain legislators, like Jennifer Williamson and Floyd Prozanski, want these people out on the streets. Now, is my tinfoil hat saying they want these people out there so they commit more crimes, could well be. Regardless, until we start actually punishing people who break the law with firearms they will continue to ignore the law and walk through the revolving door of the justice system. That is only gives more fuel for further gun control.

If they're too violent to have access to firearms, they are too violent to be free. Firearms are inanimate objects which they will get if want to, and are among the lesser dangerous items a violent individual hell bent on mayhem could employ if they want to.

If they're too violent to have access to firearms, they are too violent to be free. Firearms are inanimate objects which they will get if want to, and are among the lesser dangerous items a violent individual hell bent on mayhem could employ if they want to.
It's all about perception though. If WE control how the laws get tougher then that cuts the wind out of their sails. We can focus on criminals and not law abiding citizens. They can't disagree or it looks like they are really just trying to ban guns and not "save the children." if they argue that criminals will not be deterred then we have them in a catch 22.

Here we go, first delay since the awsome new laws. Had a 30 day delay years ago and have had no issues many times since, all 15-30min.
If this continues I'll just deal with people's I know and have dealt with before. FTOSP

You've got to realize the OSP are under the thumbs of our, so-called, leaders? Don't you? What if your boss came to you and told you to "Step it up", to the tune of twice the work/day you were used to. Hell, for the OSP Firearms Unit it's probably more like six or eight times more work.

How do we find out who at the capitol has the most to do with OSP and light a fire under their azzez! Better be hurryin' too, because things are most certainly NOT going to be getting better the closer to November we get!

I had my rights restored last year, in may. When I finally went to purchase a gun the nics went ahead and denied me, which pissed me off. I went ahead and sent a copy of my rights restoration letter from the court, my fingerprints and my driver license(copy) to the fbi, which has not bothered to do anything to help me. Finally I went ahead and took the AZ CCW class for a second time and received my CCW card. Here in Arizona no nics call is ever made, if you have a current AZ CCW card. Now that I found a way to bypass nics, all my gun buying troubles have ended!

After 3 weeks of waiting I cancelled transaction, OSP called my phone and left a message on Easter Sunday.....no info left just said they knew I cancelled and to call back if I had questions... Unreal

Here in Arizona no nics call is ever made, if you have a current AZ CCW card.!
That's incorrect. If a dealer is not running a background check they are breaking federal law. ALL dealers, regardless of state, are required to run background checks on every purchaser under federal law. No permit, issued by anyone, exempts this process.

Yea, Orygun has the OSP running in circles trying to do the checks. When it was just a phone in process there were only 10 total officers doing these checks. I do not know how man officers are on the firearms unit now days, but the delays are getting more and more every day. As a side; I finally got the state of Louisiana to issue a statement that they reconcile that I am not the person wanted for murder from 1984. That person died in prison for the murder charge that I was wanted on, and I have a copy of the death certificate to prove I am not a wanted felon! Guess what, I got denied again, even after snail mailing copy's and faxing copies of all the paperwork to the FBI, including my DD214 Three months this time, and I finally get a letter from the FBI. The very next time I go to purchase a fire arm, I pass! After that, I get denied yet again!!!! I think I'm in the same boat and am going to have to sue the FBI to get this mess cleared up!

While knock on wood , I haven't had a delay , yet.
But it took 45 minutes to for my BGC to clear when I picked up my new to me 870.
( I bought it two weeks ago )
Even the clerk was amazed it took so long to check me out.
Admittedly my last name isn't the most uncommon but that is the longest it has even taken.
I'm not sure if NCIS was just busy or what the story is ...
Andy

Odd, I've bought 3-4 guns since SB941 and every BGC has been approved in less than 5-min. Both at Keith's and NWA. Maybe it's all tha clean livin' no felony bill paying no IRS or child support ignoring stuff...who knows

Delayed again, ugh I might as well move back to Cali and wait the 10 days. Lol, hold your comments about me moving back to Cali :s0003:

Any of y'all that keep getting wait times buying multiple guns a month? Seems like they may have some secret formula as too how many you can buy in a given time without hassles.

I only say this because myself and others haven't had any issues but I've bought only maybe 3 guns since November 2014.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top