Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another attempted gun store robbery

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Jul 19, 2016.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Joe13 likes this.
  2. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

How long do you think before neighborhood residents and the city council move to close the business????

Sheldon

3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Rather than rallying around getting a business closed down, how about rallying around pressuring the DOJ to bring the full weight of the law against those who intended to steal firearms and thus to be in illegal possession of firearms.

Loretta, make an example of those four criminals, in order to discourage others from following suit.

Reminds me of a story about a gun shop back in Rhode Island. The shop had been broken into several times with loss of inventory and the police really never were able to get the suspects.

So the shop owner took up residency inside the shop at night sleeping there each and every night. On the next occurrence of a break in the perpetrators were shot dead by the shop owner.

That's how it's going to have to work.

4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

This happened to brightwater ventures in vanc not too long ago too.

Will be interesting to see what the motive was, if it was the same as the last store burglary for guns to kill police?

nammac likes this.
  5. nammac

Considering it's a mere 15 miles from Hotlanta, I'd bet a steak dinner on it...

Caveman Jim likes this.
  6. Oregon Quartermaster

Oregon Quartermaster SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

There you go making a sound, and logical argument again.

Logan Wilson, nammac and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. MC_Jedi

MC_Jedi Bellingham, WA New Member

<sarcasm>I don't understand? According to President Obama, it is easier to get guns than books. So why didn't they break into a library, I would think the value of the books would be MUCH greater!</sarcasm>

When I worked at a gun store many decades ago, we had to place all guns into a vault at the end of the night due to past events of this nature.

8. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

You mean you want more gun control? I'm not in favor of it. Guns should be treated no differently than hammers.

9. nammac

Theft of firearms is just a bit different than the theft of a hammer....

Not more gun control laws, just vigorous and appropriate enforcement of existing laws...

10. pdempsey1097

pdempsey1097 West of McMinnville Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Generally agree, except that Convicted Felons CAN legally possess hammers.

nammac likes this.
  11. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I asked my Nephew that lives in Marietta if he heard about the Gun-store Robbery and his comment was simply that the store is not located in the best part of town.......

nammac likes this.