JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A piece of welding rod the nominal diameter of the roll pin and just long enough to clear the lower will give you enough flexibility to get into the pin and enough rigidity to drive out the piece. Grind the end of the rod flat so that you don't spread the pin inside the lower.

A piece of welding rod the nominal diameter of the roll pin and just long enough to clear the lower will give you enough flexibility to get into the pin and enough rigidity to drive out the piece. Grind the end of the rod flat so that you don't spread the pin inside the lower.

Another good suggestion. I think my FIL may have some welding rods at his house.

Mmm... Maybe you should stick to one of these?

ToyGun.jpg

I'm thinking you'd be better off with a set of roll pin punches.

I'm working on my first AR build as well and learning rapidly. BTW - Damage Industries will get an "OOPS kit" to you faster then PSA. Just sayin':oops:

I'm thinking you'd be better off with a set of roll pin punches.

I'm working on my first AR build as well and learning rapidly. BTW - Damage Industries will get an "OOPS kit" to you faster then PSA. Just sayin':oops:

I've got a set of roll pin punches, but they won't work for this issue since they're too short and don't flex.

I've used a piece of a snug fitting drill bit as a blind pin to hold everything lined up as I start to drift the roll pin in. As the roll pin enters on one side, the drill bit pushes out the other side.

I've used a piece of a snug fitting drill bit as a blind pin to hold everything lined up as I start to drift the roll pin in. As the roll pin enters on one side, the drill bit pushes out the other side.

I did something similar, I just used a small allen wrench. What I can't figure out is why the pin got stuck in the first place. Once I get the part out, I need to check the alignment of the two holes. I suspect they may be off just a hair.

Not all roll pins are created equal, I've found real junk ones in a few lower kits. Clearly made in China! And they mushroom real easy..

I've installed and removed hundreds of them without having the "special tool".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top