JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No 73.57% (3,098 votes)

Yes 26.43% (1,113 votes)

Total Votes: 4,211

Publication Editor: How did this happen? We were supposed to show strong support for banning lead!

Publication Writer: I don't know, we know that 98% of all readers hate guns and hunting, it should have been a landslide!

Publication Editor: We have to do something about this. Hide the poll results and swap the numbers, then print your final results. No one will question it.

Publication IT Guru: Weird. We seem to get a lot of readers coming from a place called NWFA.

Publication Editor: Probably some NW fishing association - they must be stacking the votes. Call Gabby and the Astronaut, we need to get some out of state votes in our favor.

Why do they keep trying to turn us into California? Like that once paradise is such a great place due to Government over-reach?
Legislation to protect birds that don't live here? How many Oregon birds require chelation in order to survive?

I built an addition to my home in the last few years. One thing that stuck out to me was having to meet plumbing codes (like toilet tank flush capacity) as though I was located in a desert, when I have nothing but moss and banana slugs in my lawn.

Why is it always the lowest common denominator when it comes to education, but they always strive to achieve the highest level when it comes to restricting our freedom?

Stopping my rant now because I've just used up my question mark allotment for the day... (periods and commas are cheap, that's why I always use a lot of them)

Sounds like they didn't get the response they wanted. Big surprise, gun owners don't want their rights taken away by another back-door attempt to make it impossible to shoot. The author is clearly a whiner. Congrats to everyone that helped push it over the top in favor of the no votes!

About the only way CA condors would be helped by OR banning lead ammo would be if it was standard practice for OR hunters to drive the carcases of the game they worked so hard to get all the way down to CA condor feeding areas and the condor happened to gorge its self, consuming that one bite from the entirety of the carcass which had the bullet in it... highly unlikely.

"It is the right thing to do. manufacturers are already making the nonlead bullets . people have to change their habits. non lead bullets will be a good thing , just like the catalytic converter."

I want to know who thinks the Catalytic converter and all that other emmissions garbage killing my power and fuel efficiency are a good idea. This guy could have picked a way better argument.

The other thing that nobody seems to mention is what the carbon footprint is for these non-lead bullets they plan on making. I'm pretty sure all the other fancy metal bullets are much worse for the environment in production than the lead standard. Just throwing that out there based on my own limited knowledge of manufacturing processes and speculation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top