JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Probably no surprise here with these guys...

But as i have bought for my wife from them before, I am on the email list.

Just got this gem in my inbox...
Screenshot_2018-11-20-09-56-11.png

Thats Toms Shoes.... www.toms.com/

Their 'End Gun Violence Together' campaign is front and center on their website too.

Plan accordingly:rolleyes:

The vast majority of shootings are done by people wearing shoes (that's why they're called "SHOETINGS")...
....I propose we make it much harder for criminals to buy or use shoes without a permit and background check, and an outright BAN on sneakers (only used to "sneak up on" the victim's and "run away" from police) especially those scary black sneakers with the high-tops that go up. We should also ban "high capacity" sneakers because nobody needs shoes that hold more than a size ten foot. These seem like reasonable restrictions.

Shoes should definitely NOT be available on-line to be shipped to anyone except a federally licensed shoe store. On-line shoe "pushers" like TOMS must be put out of business.....it's for the children!

Unfortunately they don't have any contact information. If I find it here is what I'm sending them:

RE: Gun Violence Campaign

Dear Sir, Madam,Zir, etc..

F*** off.

Warmest Regards,
3M-TA3

P.S. You might want to look into ways of saving lives from things that take far more lives, many of them each day killing innocent people than years of shooting deaths such as medical malpractice, texting while driving to name a few. Then again those causes aren't as "sexy" in terms of "Social Justice" and don't allow for moral grandstanding.

If your concerns are in terms of doing something that truly makes a difference. How about taking a look at slavery. Slavery isn't just something that old white guys did a few hundred years ago. It's happening right now and there are ore people held in slavery today that at any other time in the history of humanity. In fact, that candy bar you may have enjoyed in the last week likely contained chocolate that was grown and harvested by slaves as more than 50% of the world's chocolate is produced by slaves.

It's not just chocolate, it's everything fromsocks you can buy in WalMart to food at Kroeger's and naturally the sex industry. CNN did a fantastic job of documenting this a few years ago, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Guess it's not "sexy" enough for self promotion campaigns. But, well, whatever you, know Trump and all and naturally "The Children".​

Forget contact info...

Blast them on Twitter.

@TOMS
@BlakeMycoskie
#endgunviolencetogether

Spread the word.

We have seen first hand how this money is used and how it is successful for them.

Even with 1639... The technicality that almost kept it off the ballot will not be a problem next time.
Even if they lose in court... They know they can manipulate public opinion. They'll be back

These aren't real shoes anyway. They are designed for hipster girlie-men, hipster women and hipster teenage girls.

True...

According to this:
Bloomberg - Toms' Financial Trouble

They only profited 8 million dollars last year and are in some financial trouble....

So, a company which spent more than half its 2017 profit on anti-gun activism is recklessly dangerous... hopefully its just a publicity ploy to remain relevant to the younger liberal morons out there....

Still, I hope they make it to bankruptcy before they make another big payout to the antis

Unfortunately they don't have any contact information. If I find it here is what I'm sending them:

RE: Gun Violence Campaign

Dear Sir, Madam,Zir, etc..

F*** off.

Warmest Regards,
3M-TA3

P.S. You might want to look into ways of saving lives from things that take far more lives, many of them each day killing innocent people than years of shooting deaths such as medical malpractice, texting while driving to name a few. Then again those causes aren't as "sexy" in terms of "Social Justice" and don't allow for moral grandstanding.

If your concerns are in terms of doing something that truly makes a difference. How about taking a look at slavery. Slavery isn't just something that old white guys did a few hundred years ago. It's happening right now and there are ore people held in slavery today that at any other time in the history of humanity. In fact, that candy bar you may have enjoyed in the last week likely contained chocolate that was grown and harvested by slaves as more than 50% of the world's chocolate is produced by slaves.

It's not just chocolate, it's everything fromsocks you can buy in WalMart to food at Kroeger's and naturally the sex industry. CNN did a fantastic job of documenting this a few years ago, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Guess it's not "sexy" enough for self promotion campaigns. But, well, whatever you, know Trump and all and naturally "The Children".​

Great letter but you might want to add shoes to the list. You can't tell me that shoe companies don't use child labor or slaves!

Never heard of them, but now I've been warned.

Preaching to me, that is, a companies quite personal philosophy irrespective of the content would drive me away, even if it was a different subject...pretty darn presumptive of them.

Plus, no pro-gun folk, reading anti-gun caca are suddenly going to slap themselves on the forehead and exclaim, "man, I'm so glad they told me their truth...what was I thinking"?

I don't buy shoes online. Takes me hours to find a pair that will fit even when I can put them on in a store.

Don't knock Nike too hard. Mr. Knight donated a pile of cash to Knute - don't know why he did it, but it was a good thing for our side, it just didn't work.

On child labor, I don't know much about it, but I'd guess those working in shoe factories: 1) aren't forced to do it, 2) their families probably need the money, and 3) it's probably better than their other options. But that's just a guess.

I have often wondered how much money it takes to make a pair of running shoes. I'd think a few cents worth of plastics, a dollar for fabrics, a few cents worth of glue, and even if you paid the worker $50/hour, I'd think no more than a few dollars in labor. Anyone have any numbers on it? Edit: Add a few dollars for capital costs, plant maintenance, shoe design, research, shipping, taxes, marketing, etc.

Last Edited:
Is there an current accurate cumulative anti 2a list posted somewhere? It would be cool if it listed pro 2a similar business in a second column. I'm sure there must be one but I don't know of it.

The vast majority of shootings are done by people wearing shoes (that's why they're called "SHOETINGS")...
....I propose we make it much harder for criminals to buy or use shoes without a permit and background check, and an outright BAN on sneakers (only used to "sneak up on" the victim's and "run away" from police) especially those scary black sneakers with the high-tops that go up. We should also ban "high capacity" sneakers because nobody needs shoes that hold more than a size ten foot. These seem like reasonable restrictions.

Shoes should definitely NOT be available on-line to be shipped to anyone except a federally licensed shoe store. On-line shoe "pushers" like TOMS must be put out of business.....it's for the children!

The presence of shoes and untimely death is something we can no longer ignore.

Thanks, I needed the laugh. Just not the coffee all over my lap.

Companies like this, that are built on virtue signalling from the start tend to be bad (If you don't know Tom's donates a pair of shoes for every pair bought). They build a business model not on a good product, but by trying to entice people because they are doing something "good". Often the people they are trying to "help" neither asked for or want their "help" and would have been better off if they did not "help". The most basic foundation of their company was flawed, why should anyone listen to what they have to say. A simple google search tells you everything you need to know about this company.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tom's+shoes+problem

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top