JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Another gun accidently goes off after being tossed onto the gun owners bed and shoots his sleeping neighbor in the shoulder. Press isn't going so well this year lol.

All it said was that it was a .380 caliber but since we have so many "accidental shotings" seems like a lot of guns must have been manufactured wrong since none of my firearms or any I have ever came into contact with fired randomly without me pulling the trigger after the safety has been disengaged and a round was loaded into the chamber.

What is the LCP recall for then?
Their website I linked above reads..

"Ruger has recently received a small number of reports from the field indicating that LCP pistols can discharge when dropped onto a hard surface with a round in the chamber. We are firmly committed to safety and would like to retrofit all older LCP Pistols. The retrofit involves installation of an upgraded hammer mechanism at no charge to the customer."

It could well have been a negligent discharge that the guy is blaming on an accidental.

another amazing weapon that discharges as it impacts the concrete hardness of a mattress. wow I wonder number is his sleeb number bed is....what a croc of pooey.
I find it far more plausible that this was a forget the gun was loaded think I'll dry fire it thing or something along that nature. guns dont go bang while bouncing on a bed...at least mine never did.

Accidently goes off when tossed on bed? Seems more likely to me that they negligently discharged the firearm and won't own up to it. "dry fire" on an "empty" chamber perhaps... The vast majority of guns wont fire when dropped, even on a hard surface, I don't see how throwing it on the bed set it off...

Goes over well in the media though, another one of those pesky unpredictable guns that could discharge by accident at any time...

The Oregonian reported it as a .38
I wonder which report is right?
Either way I'm curious as to the make/model and would agree that more likely the guy had a ND because he's an idiot than because he tossed his gun.

They might have been playing a hybrid game, substituting the .380 for horse shoes?

"It just went off"! Amazing, I carry every day and have 4 loaded weapons circulating through here and never, not once, have any of them "gone off."

In fact, we've unloaded then cocked all of them, and banged on them with a auto body rubber mallet, and all properly retained their hammer/striker. The S&W 638, Colt M1991A1, Glock G21 and Colt 6920 all "failed" to "go off".

I have to stop before I "go off". :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews