Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another 1911 question - Sig Sauer

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by cameronhu, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Ok, I'm really taking the plunge this time. I know there were a few groans when I spent my $ on a P7M8 last go around, but this time I'm semi-committed ;)

I actually have a stainless Sig 1911 Target reserved (which I could cancel if need be, as they are back ordered).

I know some of the early GSRs had issues, but I've read they've been worked out. I've also read that in addition to having no MIM parts, they're built exceptionally well.

Anyone have first-hand experience?

Thanks!

2. parrotdog

parrotdog Tacoma New Member

I have 2 and I love them. No issues, deadly accurate and fun to boot.

3. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I have one, feel it's one of the best affordable 1911's. I have Kimber, Springfield, Colt, to compare.
    Triggers compared: Springfield; amazing
    Sig; very good , Kimber; just ok, Colt; bad.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  4. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

I have a GSR 1911 Stainless and it shoots just as well as my Kimber Desert Warrior.
    never had a failure ever. and its built very well. And of course the sig quality goes with it.

5. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I just sold mine to badclam. I never shot it but he did and said it shot well but he would prefer to get a trigger job.

SF-

6. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I saw you had that for sale. Really wanted it, but couldn't come up with the cash in time. Interesting about the trigger. Sig usually does a pretty good job. Wonder what he was comparing it to.