JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are probably asking so they can sell the data mined from your named account (through a commercial ISP) to advertisers. Your choice, but I try to avoid scattering my personal info all over if I can help it, it is out there enough through sources you cannot avoid.

Usually it refers to a hotmail, yahoo, or other email from a free email service. These emails are very difficult to show 'ownership' and allow one person to have many, many email accounts.

If you have an email from your work, or from your ISP (like a comcast.net email) that should be acceptable to them. Otherwise you might want to try a lesser known free service like GMX.com

Mark

Usually it refers to a hotmail, yahoo, or other email from a free email service. These emails are very difficult to show 'ownership' and allow one person to have many, many email accounts.

If you have an email from your work, or from your ISP (like a comcast.net email) that should be acceptable to them. Otherwise you might want to try a lesser known free service like GMX.com

Mark

^^^^^^ Just what he said. I had to use my comcast email to register. I alway use my yahoo one as if it gets spammed I do not care. But over there they want to make sure you are not tying to just register for other reasons.

You probably just get a confirmation email that you have to click on the link in order to complete registration.

Two email accounts. One for shopping and all the spam it will generate, and one for trusted people/organizations.

Heck with them,I'm not setting up another email just to share my vast knowledge(oh brother)

There are enough nubes over there asking stupid questions,they don't need mine.

I think mainly its a way to prevent spam from registering as most of them can get past the captcha.

If you need a private email to register shoot me a PM and I can setup one on my domain for you. After you register you can switch it to a gmail/hotmail type account.

I appreciate the ideas but like one eye said,I just won't register.There are other AR sites around and they seem to have the "elites that think only LMT and Noveski are worth even touching and the others that laugh at them cause their lowly DPMS' and Bushmasters shoot sub MOA too.

Like i said there are others that will eventually ask a stupid question that I wanted answered so I'll be fine.

Thanks
mike

Why would anybody want to go to another web sight about firearms if they already belong to NWFA?

There are enough friendly and knowledgeable individuals who can answer all your AR questions right here.

SF-

Why would anybody want to go to another web sight about firearms if they already belong to NWFA?

There are enough friendly and knowledgeable individuals who can answer all your AR questions right here.

SF-

What's funny is that someone here sent me there cause they are more knowledgeable and professional and the fight and bicker just like on here.
They still tell each other they don't know what they are talking about and claim their gun is the only one to own.

The drama over there is epic. They loved to make fun of the thin skinned noobies till they started acting like thin skinned noobs and left.

and there is no drama here :s0064:

It is so they can link your ISP to your account . This prevents sock puppet accounts. also if you rip off someone it will aid in tracing you and at least make it harded for you to do it again. and if you brake the rules they can ban you.

its not for advertising or junk mail as i have been a member since 99 back on the old board and never received any junk mail from them. although they have become something so different know both in management and the type of people using it from what it was in the beginning but like on any board you will find morons.

and there is no drama here :s0064:

It is so they can link your ISP to your account . This prevents sock puppet accounts. also if you rip off someone it will aid in tracing you and at least make it harded for you to do it again. and if you brake the rules they can ban you.

its not for advertising or junk mail as i have been a member since 99 back on the old board and never received any junk mail from them. although they have become something so different know both in management and the type of people using it from what it was in the beginning but like on any board you will find morons.

You can change your email to a free account immediately after you finish registration.

The only thing I ever get from them is a newsletter once in a while. You can choose not to get anything if thats what you want.

Seems everyone does the same as I do,ask the same question on 5 different forums to get a broader information base. I have gone to a few different sites and had to go back and forth,because there was an identical tread at another forum.
Wait,what forum am I on?

Hey if they are paying the bills,more power to them. I'll go elsewhere.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews