JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I'd post this as a reminder to go through your kits at least once a year and make sure they're up to date. Or if you don't have a kit yet...time to get on it!

And remember, size matters boys! Don't let her tell ya any different! :D:D

jvoVNeC.jpg

OOps, I don't see a defib unit? Kidding, Looks good for a home kit. I have been building my med supplies for 25 years and even have an operating room here at the house should it be needed in Grid down SHTF situation, our Group has an Dentist, Heart surgeon, a gagle of RN's with specialties, a Pharmacist, I'm good at field Trauma work and have kept a few alive, EMT level 4 .
Tis a good feeling being self sufficient this day and age. Just bought 40lbs of Lidocaine/Dry for the stores, boy is it cheep and handy.

OOps, I don't see a defib unit? Kidding, Looks good for a home kit. I have been building my med supplies for 25 years and even have an operating room here at the house should it be needed in Grid down SHTF situation, our Group has an Dentist, Heart surgeon, a gagle of RN's with specialties, a Pharmacist, I'm good at field Trauma work and have kept a few alive, EMT level 4 .
Tis a good feeling being self sufficient this day and age. Just bought 40lbs of Lidocaine/Dry for the stores, boy is it cheep and handy.

Dang, that sounds like a good neighborhood to live in! :)

Yep Brother it is a good neighborhood, I consider Oregon, Washington and Idaho My Neighborhood, have lived in the same house 25 years now, kinda cemented in here., Oh, almost forgot, we have an Eye Dr. too, one day he and I will fish together, great guy and the best eye man the V.A. has. All of us shoot and train together.

One thing to add - you may need multiple kits.

One to carry when you hike / hunt
One to have if you are on the road - car, rv, truck, motorcycle
One for the home

What did you use last year
What might you have used? Ie did someone slip, might have needed a splint if something broke. Those kinds of questions.
Can your kids or grandkids now get into the kit?

Expedition type comprehensive first aid kits come to mind. A big heavy backpack crammed full of all the needful stuff. Do not forget the expire able medical certificates also. I found the various updating recertification schools fun both to go to and instruct.

Getting harder to find a "tame" MD who can legally write all of those needful prescriptions for the heavy meds. Years ago not so much of a concern in lots of interesting places. Nowadays? Yep. Make sure all of your legal ducks are lined up in a proper row.

ex FF PM RN

You built an operating room in your house? OK, scenes of "Dexter" are flashing up in my mind! :eek:

:D

Our son and daughter in law are both RN's so they are in charge of medical supplies. The rest of the family greatly appreciates this since they have a much better idea of what is needed.

You built an operating room in your house? OK, scenes of "Dexter" are flashing up in my mind! :eek:
Not quite a Dexter Brother, but there were times I wanted to be..... The Op room is all the white bath and shower board, proper venting and heat with a Dental light mount that the light plugs right into, has emergency generator for power and the usual monitors etc. I should not have mentioned it.

:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads