JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NRA probably hurt us in this battle because a lot of uninformed gun owners that wont get off their bubblegum to fight this crap sent them a token donation and figured they would fight it for them. They then truely feel they've done their part when infact they've done nothing to help preserve our rights in Oregon, instead they sent their support out of state to play patty cake at the national level.

NRA-ILA ANNOUNCEMENT

As you may have seen in our <broken link removed> yesterday, the Oregon House of Representatives passed <broken link removed> with a <broken link removed> . Despite overwhelming opposition from constituents, law enforcement, county commissioners, and licensed firearms dealers, the bill still passed by a narrow margin and now makes a final stop at the Governor's office where it awaits her signature.
Please call Governor Brown TODAY at (503) 378-4582 and urge her to VETO Senate Bill 941.

SB 941 is a deeply flawed bill that would require individuals to appear before a gun dealer to request a criminal background check prior to privately transferring a firearm, absent limited exceptions. Transfers include, but are not limited to, sales, gifts, loans and leases. Failure to comply with this mandate could result in stiff penalties and possible loss of an individual's Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Please stay tuned to your email inbox and <broken link removed> as we continue to Stand and Fight for your Second Amendment rights. To get involved with our efforts, please contact me at[email protected]or 703-939-0824.

Yours in Freedom,

Keely Hopkins
http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

I THINK THE WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT SHE WILL SIGN THE BILL?
(503) 378-4582? Is not even the most direct phone number. They must of had a intern google it and never called it. Try it, and get a voicemail BS and no return call back. It took me 5 minutes to get a number that actually got through to the governors actual people. Lets pay NRA to google things. No more, wasted my time, how about yours?

:)MinnesotaORnewbie maybe you should read all the posts on this thread so you might catch up.

Lost cause and mainly bent on harming the NRA.
When they dig that grave for the NRA they need to dig one alongside it for themselves.
Pretty damned sad !

jim97701 It wasn't the NRA that hurt us, we hurt ourselves thinking or hoping they would come in on a white stallion and do our work for us.

(503) 378-4582? Is not even the most direct phone number. They must of had a intern google it and never called it. Try it, and get a voicemail BS and no return call back. It took me 5 minutes to get a number that actually got through to the governors actual people. Lets pay NRA to google things. No more, wasted my time, how about yours?

Sorry bud, I don't understand where your coming from.

:)MinnesotaORnewbie maybe you should read all the posts on this thread so you might catch up.
What do you want me to read. Local support? I do, yet they are not powerful enough, National support? I did, until they have done little and failed along the ENTIRE WEST COAST. Yet,
I still got a phone call to renew while SB 941 was going on. So no, I don't know what you are talking about and yes I can read. F$ck the NRA

jim97701 It wasn't the NRA that hurt us, we hurt ourselves thinking or hoping they would come in on a white stallion and do our work for us.

We are saying the same thing in 2 different ways, because the NRA is so highly active in advertising and fund raising on a national level a lot of uninformed, lazy gun owners with the best of intentions feel that they are the one to fight and solve all our 2A battles when that is far from the truth! This battle will only be fought with boots on the ground! Hard work and informed voting HERE at the local level!.

We are saying the same thing in 2 different ways, because the NRA is so highly active in advertising and fund raising on a national level a lot of uninformed, lazy gun owners with the best of intentions feel that they are the one to fight and solve all our 2A battles when that is far from the truth! This battle will only be fought with boots on the ground! Hard work and informed voting HERE at the local level!.

You my friend are spot on

I know, and you are a friend, you are here. This is just a debate and discussion. Its good not only to agree but at times disagree. Different perspectives. have a good eve, Sir

Publically continue to bad mouth the NRA, and as far as I am concerned you work for Bloomberg. If you were not, you would support all pro gun groups and concentrate on fighting against the anti gun bills in Oregon. Badmouthing the NRA serves absolutely no purpose except to align yourself with the Bloomberg crowd !!!
That is precisely what he is doing and getting his flunkies to do.
No one is that blind - people see what works and use it. In this case it isnt the NRA.

And throughout this debate/discussion of the NRA, I sit by my phone waiting for a call;:rolleyes:

I haven't received a response from him yet.......but I think he will call me back in the next 11 days, so I haven't given up on MIKE CAREY/Oregon--Hawaii NRA Rep.:(:mad:

If you don't return phone calls, (I don't care how many you get in a day--no excuse---) you aren't representing ME at the NRA
:mad::mad::(:(:mad::mad::(:(

Last Edited:
Question what was the last law the NRA pushed through Oregon in the gun owners benefit? I honestly cant think of one recently where the NRA was the primary driving force.

You mean like 4 everyday guys starting recall petitions and the NRA not providing any support beyond, "if someone calls and asks about you we'll refer them to your website." That kind of local effort that the NRA should be helping?

I keep hearing this, WE need to do something local before the NRA will help us. Some of us ARE and they still aren't helping. The guys in Colorado said the same thing. It wasn't until they were already going to pull it off that the NRA came in to soak up the media attention.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top