JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Cost for Annealing

• .10c per piece

• .05c per piece

• .15c per piece

• Just Tumble

• Just Anneal

• Tumble and Anneal

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reactions
So I have this curiosity, How many members that reload regularly would anneal their brass if they had a local place to do it and or pay a nominal fee for it?

I am seriously starting to look into buying any annealing machine because I can see quite a bit of good for my reloading and then friends (@Dyjital) reloading and family also. I live in Albany, and it makes me wonder, if I were to buy a annealing machine, how many would contact me to anneal their brass??

And for that matter, if one was to clean the brass with a wet drum tumbler and then anneal them, would you be interested in that also?

Stealing a few of @Dyjital awesome photos from some of his recent tumblings.

2272.jpg 2274.jpg

Im honestly a bit surprised that no one has really responded to this thread.. I thought there would be more guys interested in brass cleaning and annealing.. or maybe everyone has their own annealing machines???

It's called a propane torch;););):(o_O
Yup, a propane torch and a socket on an extension in your variable speed drill, and a safe place to land them; after a few tries, you can get it down to the perfect color and like everything else in reloading, sit there and do it 'till you get tired of it or run out of brass.

I anneal my brass myself.,.. a propane torch, a socket that fits the case (a little paper or something to set the correct height) and a bucket of water. Its fast and easy

If you want to pay someone to do yours... let me know ;)
for 10 cents a piece I will anneal them, run them through the tumbler and dry them for ya..
Tarster and I were rolling around the idea of getting an automated annealing machine. You know so we could do 1000 without doing them manually.

Gauging by the interest so far, it's not a viable idea to get one to do small amounts of annealing for others (Or ourselves). Machine is most likely out of the running so if we do anything it probably will be for ourselves with above method.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top