Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ankle Holster

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tlakidd, Apr 9, 2011.

1. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

I am looking at getting an ankle holster for my PM9. What ankle holster do you recommend. I do want one with a thumb break. Thanks for the advice.
    Tlakidd.

2. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

Good way to carry if you are flexible and coordinated enough to draw quickly and smoothly . For old , fat people like me - it's like carrying my moms credit card , gives me the warm and fuzzy to have it along , just can't use it very well if the need arises . I wore mine that way for a while , but the realities of my ability to draw the weapon efficiently ended that .

3. RRC Firearms

RRC Firearms Gaston, OR Family owned and operated...

I tried a Galco one years ago for my PPK and no matter how I wore it it was not comfortable or easily accessible and it was not really great for concealment. I was always worried when I wore it that it would be noticed or someone would ask what the heck was wrong with my ankle.

4. 2Z4

2Z4 Milwaukie Active Member

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

What? you mean the fact that you need to get air back in the lungs after pushing it out bending down?
    I can shoot very good with out that air either.
    Plus rolling around on the ground for a fat guy isn't very intimidating,so they're out for me too.

6. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Ridgefield Member

I have a Galco ankle holster for my PM9 and love it. Without the calf strap it can ride real low unless you have holster very tight and that can make it uncomfortable. I personally like the thumb break on it.