JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I'm looking for an ankle holster. I know, I know. Not the best option for CC. Harder to get to and so on. I know. I carried IWB for about 6 months and tried to make it work but for my job, which is mostly were I carry, it won't work. Shows to often. So while I'm on the job I'll be carrying in an ankle holster and want some advice in what to buy.

My friend has a Blackhawk ankle holster that he says is OK just want to see what you all think. If possible I'd like to not spend $50 or more but if that's what I have to do to get something that will work then so be it.

My pistol is a Kahr CM9. Thanks for the help.

I've tried five or six different models of ankle holsters. I've trained a lot with them in classes and weekly practice and would only use it as a secondary-back up. Anyway of all the different models I've tried including some high dollar custom units the Renegade has fit the bill the best.

You might want to consider one on your short list to consider.

I've not used an ankle holster for the past 35 yrs, not believing I needed one. Kid brother took off for Kabul and left me access to his safe. So occasionally, I tried this Airweight. I got used to it to the point where, upon brother's return, I found myself missing the snubbie. After a few months, I bought myself a S&W, then started to examine holsters.

Well, it doesn't matter how well someone else likes their ankle rig and in the end, it has to fit your comfort level, fit and function.

I ended up with the DeSantis Apache. Well padded sheepskin against the leg. Strong elastic shaped holster around the gun and almost negates the need for the safety strap. I don't need the calf strap so I clipped the metal ring off. Very broad velcro and very strong elastic all around.

I would highly recommend a crossfire undercover, its not an ankle holster but it should fit your KHAR nice simply tuck your shirt under the clip and you're good to go. And it stays in place very well, someone would have to turn you upside down and shake you violently in order for it to move at all. Retail is $15-25.

I ended up with the DeSantis Apache. Well padded sheepskin against the leg. Strong elastic shaped holster around the gun and almost negates the need for the safety strap. I don't need the calf strap so I clipped the metal ring off. Very broad velcro and very strong elastic all around.

+1 for the Apache. I've carried this on 50 mile backpacking trips with river fordings/scrambles and it stays comfortable. Remember to clean the gun every day though. Unlike IWB, it's more in the water and mud down on your ankle.

I have a FOBUS holster and LCP .380 for ankle carry but that is the biggest gun I would consider, and I look at it as a derringer, not a primary

As a primary, imagine the situation you will face point blank against an attacker, you trying to draw.. not good, my friend

Have you looked at Thunderwear type carry?

Thanks everyone for all the input and to all that are trying to talk me out of ankle carry. I have considered all the other options and I was carrying in a Theiss Iwb holster. It wasn't working for me at work. It was showing a lot. I've considered every other option and nothing else would work either. So I went with having a gun in an inconvenient holster is better than no gun at all. I will be carrying probably IWB when I'm not at work. Thanks everyone

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top