Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anglers may keep all they catch on Thief Valley Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by pokerace, Sep 7, 2012.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

LA GRANDE, Ore. — Dry conditions in Eastern Oregon, and declining water levels in Thief Valley Reservoir, have prompted local fish biologists to lift daily catch limits on the reservoir starting Friday, Sept. 7.
    Thief Valley Reservoir on the Powder River near Baker City is expected to reach ‘dead storage’ level this week when the remaining irrigation storage water is drained. ODFW biologist Tim Bailey said he expects significant fish die-off when the reservoir is drained.
    “When the water level drops, large numbers of trout and some warm water game fish get trapped in isolated pools,” he said. “Most fish will be stressed in the warm, turbid water and die.”
    From Sept. 7 to Oct. 31, 2012 the reservoir will be open to fishing for all game species under the following temporary regulations:
    • No daily catch or possession limits
    • No size limits
    • Harvest is allowed by hand, dip net or fishing

2. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

I used to fish below the dam there when I lived in baker. Was the only place I ever fished I could catch trout on a BARE hook!

3. shockme

shockme oregon Member

hi, me-wife will head out next week, spend the week out that way ,plan to stop and check out the fishing , will post results

4. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

what were the results shockme???

5. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Shock Me with the results?