JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am pretty sure that everyone knows what the show "60 Minutes" on CBS is all about. And you all probably know that at the end of each episode, Andy Rooney has a few minutes to rant about what he wants. Most of the time he hits the nail on the head for whatever subject he's talking about. This time, he was completely and totally right on. Here is what he said:

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more.. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe .. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough..."

Talk about the truth! Rooney pretty much said what a decent amount of Americans have been thinking for quite awhile but were too afraid to say because of political backlash. Rooney also ended his segment by reciting the pledge of allegiance in full with no omissions.

I believe that a white person can actually get a minority scholorship if they attend a historically black college. Also, there is "White Entertainment Television", it's called CMT.

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. " I know it's hard for people here in Oregon to believe, but racism, predudice, and profiling are very much alive and well. You just don't see it nearly as much in the Northwest. I grew up in the South and saw it first hand. I did my senior year of high school in Hawaii, where I got to be on the recieving end of racism and predudice on a daily basis (I'm white). It's hard for white people in white places to imagine the level of predudice in other regions.

Nathan

I REFUSE to refer to myself, or anyone as a "hyphen"-American... you are either an American, LEGAL immigrant/alien, or an ILLEGAL immigrant/alien.

BTW... I'm a middle-aged white male, born in Oregon, I pay taxes out the yang, and I'm an AMERICAN! :s0155:

More internet BS. Nice job treemanx for spreading the garbage.

How about getting your facts straight next time. Does it bother you that you fell for it hook, line, and sinker? Next time try using your brain.
Thinking it is true is one thing but repeating it is a whole other sub-level.
There are so many stupid people out there who believe sh..stuff like this.
Poor suckers.
I guess we know what group you belong in. :s0112:

Oh, and look out for the boogyman!
The Communists are comming!
The sky is falling.

HEY!! Now just hold on there one second...

1. I just shot a boogyman under my bed lastnight, he had some BAD breath, too... :s0131:

2. The Commies are NOT coming... they're already here & they control 2.5 out of 3 branches of Government ATM. :(

3. I got splattered from above in my yard yesterday, thought it was a bird, but the stuff was BLUE.. explain THAT!! :D

How about getting your facts straight next time. Does it bother you that you fell for it hook, line, and sinker? Next time try using your brain.

Whoa! Pretty harsh there Bill!

Thinking it is true is one thing but repeating it is a whole other sub-level. There are so many stupid people out there who believe sh..stuff like this.
Poor suckers. I guess we know what group you belong in.

You seem to be hung up on the fact that Rooney didn't write it,... But how much of the content do you agree with? Personally I think most of it has a lot of merit. PC gone ballistic in our overly sensitive, litigous society.

The sky is falling.

Patronizing ridicule. How nice of you.
There is no boogeyman. But you knew that,... Didn't you?
The communists are already here! Pay attention to the political winds.
The sky is NOT falling. But then again, it's not WARMING either.

Thinking it is true is one thing but repeating it is a whole other sub-level.
There are so many stupid people out there who believe sh..stuff like this.
Poor suckers.
I guess we know what group you belong in. :s0112:

The sky is falling.

More internet BS? I didnt post this info just because Andy Rooney wrote it. Somebody wrote it, and I applaud whoever it was for telling it like they see it. I agree with most all that was stated there.

How about getting your facts straight next time? Does it really matter who wrote it? NO. I discovered after posting that it had been found out that Andy Rooney didnt write it, and I admitted that and posted the link. But that dosent make the content any less true.

I guess we know what group I belong to? Your d**n right you do fool. You know exactly what group I belong to. I know exactly what group you belong to as well. Its people like you, who let the Government do your thinking for you, that are the rotting base of this Country.

Thats the last time I'll answer any of your posts.

For the record, my post was being SARCASTIC to what Billy(boy)CH in Vantuckey said (no offense to Vantuckians).

I full-on agree with the tenants of the OP as well, and OBVIOUSLY "Handy" Andy Rooney didn't say such a thing... so you now KNOW that you KNOW what group I belong in as well... laugh all you want, it matters not.

So PPHHHPPPPTTTTTttttt....... :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top