JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
While great deals abound, I can only shoot so many and store so many more. I have a number of ARs in regular rotation and a small fleet in reserve. At some point it gets a bit ridiculous. Remember that if a ban ever comes down the pipes, if you only have stripped lowers, you're likely going to have a hard time making a complete rifle or pistol because the other parts will become unavailable quickly. I spent quite a bit of money and time to complete all my lowers to avoid that exact issue. After that, I began to focus more on ensuring that I had enough mags, but you also reach a point of how much is too much with those. Then I shifted my focus to ammo, and so far I haven't found a point where it feels like I have enough.

My point being, stripped lowers aren't going to be enough by themselves if a ban is ever enacted or a need for an AR arises. Can't defend your rights and your family with an incomplete firearm.

Last Edited:
While great deals abound, I can only shoot so many and store so many more. I have a number of ARs in regular rotation and a small fleet in reserve. At some point it gets a bit ridiculous. Remember that if a ban ever comes down the pipes, if you only have stripped lowers, you're likely going to have a hard time making a complete rifle or pistol because the other parts will become unavailable quickly. I spent quite a bit of money and time to complete all my lowers to avoid that exact issue. After that, I began to focus more on ensuring that I had enough mags, but you also reach a point of how much is too much with those. Then I shifted my focus to ammo, and so far I haven't found a point where it feels like I have enough.

My point being, stripped lowers aren't going to be enough by themselves if a ban is ever enacted or a need for an AR arises. Can't defend your rights and your family with an incomplete firearm.
That could happen but if we look at most areas where semi-autos restrictions have been imposed, uppers and other parts are still available to purchase. Not to say it won't happen but it's less likely.

Some of us have only recently caught the "bug" and have begun collecting the necessary parts and pieces etc. Not prepping for anything but the enjoyment of building my big boy leggo creations...;);)

I picked up some spare parts kits that will keep me functional if items wear or break. Fortunately I have a friend that fills boxes with uppers & lowers when they go on sale so I figure I'm good in that regard as well :)

Love to see the high availability & low prices though - keep wondering when that will transition over to reloading components...

I picked up some spare parts kits that will keep me functional if items wear or break. Fortunately I have a friend that fills boxes with uppers & lowers when they go on sale so I figure I'm good in that regard as well :)

Love to see the high availability & low prices though - keep wondering when that will transition over to reloading components...
I am wondering that too. Powder prices have not come down at all, bullets and brass haven't budge much either.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top