JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington State...
You better get off yer a$$es and write your legislators. Write EVERY LEGISLATOR in the senate & house..You have that right!
I'm doing this on a tablet so I hope I got the links right...
SB 5217 - 2021-22
Concerning assault weapons.
Sponsors: Kuderer, Darneille, Dhingra, Hunt, Liias, Nguyen, Pedersen, Wilson, C.
By Request: Attorney General

HB 1229 - 2021-22
Sponsors: Peterson, Dolan, Pollet, Ryu, Berry, Valdez, Fey, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Bateman, Hackney, Davis, Bergquist, Kloba, Wylie, Lekanoff, Macri, Stonier, Riccelli

There is a complete list of email addresses someplace on the legislature website so you don't have to do the form b$ dog & pony show to write EVERY legislator and prove you're in their district in order to send them a message. It's a bastard to locate...duh. Isn't that a surprise!
If we don't start taking a stand..guess what..you'll own a rock.

Dan

Last Edited:
It's obvious to me that they think that the 2nd A actually says........

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

Aloha, Mark

PS.....click the red "5217". Provided in the OP's post.
Then click on Bill Documents...."Original Bill"
It starts with the definitions of "Assault Rifles".
Then....
The real stupid part begins on Page 4 (New Section) Sec. 2

Last Edited:
You better get off yer a$$es and write your legislators. Write EVERY LEGISLATOR in the senate & house..You have that right!
I'm doing this on a tablet so I hope I got the links right...
SB 5217 - 2021-22
Sponsors: Kuderer, Darneille, Dhingra, Hunt, Liias, Nguyen, Pedersen, Wilson, C.

HB 1229 - 2021-22
Sponsors: Peterson, Dolan, Pollet, Ryu, Berry, Valdez, Fey, Ramel, Ortiz-Self, Bateman, Hackney, Davis, Bergquist, Kloba, Wylie, Lekanoff, Macri, Stonier, Riccelli

There is a complete list of email addresses someplace on the legislature website so you don't have to do the form b$ dog & pony show to write EVERY legislator and prove you're in their district in order to send them a message. It's a bastard to locate...duh. Isn't that a surprise!
If we don't start taking a stand..guess what..you'll own a rock.

Dan
Washington State.

Last Edited:
It is important to write and oppose these. We have defeated them five years in a row, but like a terrorist attack they only have to slip it through once. We have to oppose the bills every year.

Elections are coming around again, just like they do every couple years. The letters and e-mails can't hurt but, law makers prove over and over that they laugh at them when the camera is off. Law makers only fear one thing, losing their job. If they get a mountain of angry letters and then still win? Why are they supposed to care? I keep hoping gun owners will eventually get a belly full and start to care. So far few do. :(

Elections are coming around again, just like they do every couple years. The letters and e-mails can't hurt but, law makers prove over and over that they laugh at them when the camera is off. Law makers only fear one thing, losing their job. If they get a mountain of angry letters and then still win? Why are they supposed to care? I keep hoping gun owners will eventually get a belly full and start to care. So far few do. :(
IIRC State Legislature is 4-year terms. Doesn't mean we can't try for some Recall petitions...

What I gleaned from skimming these bills (I will read in detail later), is that "assault weapons" will now be banned in WA unless they're grandfathered in. Is that correct?

ETA - the text of the bill is written to make it retroactive, limiting the purchase of "assault weapons" effective Jan 1 2022.
I can't say the following for absolute, dead certain. But the text as it stands was from the 2021 session, likely that 2022 cut-off would be updated to reflect the passage of one year. I don't think the intention is for it to be retroactive.

I can't say the following for absolute, dead certain. But the text as it stands was from the 2021 session, likely that 2022 cut-off would be updated to reflect the passage of one year. I don't think the intention is for it to be retroactive.
Wouldn't be the first time these sh*tstains have done Ex Post Facto...

IIRC State Legislature is 4-year terms. Doesn't mean we can't try for some Recall petitions...
Yes what I mean is the election comes again and there is always things to vote on that people in charge do pay attention to. The vast majority of gun owners either ignore these elections, or better yet help the worst people and laws pass. This is how we got the law that made my 10/22 an assault weapon. Gun owners supported it. We got a chance for a do over and gun owners again supported leaving the law in place. Law makers may as a whole not be very smart but they are not blind. They see this going on and then people wonder why they laugh at a bunch of angry letters? As long as gun owners tell law makers they do not care, the law makers do not care about the angry letters. They know their jobs are safe no matter what they do.

Yes what I mean is the election comes again and there is always things to vote on that people in charge do pay attention to. The vast majority of gun owners either ignore these elections, or better yet help the worst people and laws pass. This is how we got the law that made my 10/22 an assault weapon. Gun owners supported it. We got a chance for a do over and gun owners again supported leaving the law in place. Law makers may as a whole not be very smart but they are not blind. They see this going on and then people wonder why they laugh at a bunch of angry letters? As long as gun owners tell law makers they do not care, the law makers do not care about the angry letters. They know their jobs are safe no matter what they do.
Yup, and that's exactly what my sigline refers to that gives so many Teh Butthurtz.

What I gleaned from skimming these bills (I will read in detail later), is that "assault weapons" will now be banned in WA unless they're grandfathered in. Is that correct?
Yep
Just like California's SB-23 Its a 2A killer.
We have to fight this folks. Write your reps NOW! It's an election year Let them know you vote and will oppose them at every turn if they don't oppose this attack on our rights.

And THANKS! to #bentoncity for bringing this to our attention.

Here's a link to find your district and representatives

District Finder

Nd9GcTyE2X0jk8dFcKQKhPldEkjImyU98QfC7mzhQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads