JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those old tall thin tires would go places that the new vehicles couldn't touch . They cut right down through the soft stuff to solid ground.

They just look better this way. This one had the original wood wheels and flathead and went pasture racing:p before the transformation.

020.jpg

017.jpg

032.jpg

Years ago I had a complete, unrestored 5 window that I ended up giving away. It was in bad shape but I did drive it (being towed) down the WA side from the old Bonneville before they flooded it. The brakes still worked even and a good thing too! Had a Hemi and transmission to go into it just no time an money back when I was in my early 20's. Gave the rig to an acquaintance over her in Vanc.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Those old tall thin tires would go places that the new vehicles couldn't touch . They cut right down through the soft stuff to solid ground.
When I worked for the DOT here in WA (1968-1998) they gave me an old IH to drive had really skinny tires but I could drive on fairly fresh sand dredged from the Columbia River when they built I-5 through Woodland to Dupont Crossing. Never got it stuck enough to do anything but rock it out. Then they gave me a newer rig with wider tires. It would get stuck just driving on a soft shoulder. Got my old truck back.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top