Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

And this is why places like Walmart shouldn't sell guns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PDXoriginal, Apr 18, 2015.

1. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

1) The gun clerk gave the unstable guy ammo, because she was afraid he would break the glass, get it on other ammo and not be able to sell it (Walmart Policy!!!)

2) The Walmart LPO had his son with him and was driving towards the crazy guy randomly shooting stuff, taking his son towards the danger!!! While telling officers bad information about the gunman and the rifle. The officer calling him a dumbf* was priceless.

frauhunter and Nutty4Guns like this.
  2. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Man this should be on people of WalMart.com hahaha.

First improperly locked okay whatever right. That stupid bubblegum lady gave him the fing ammo what a retard. She's lucky no one was shot by that dip stick.

Then you e got the security officer with both his child following the police. (was ot take your kid to work day??) "it's locked he can't fire it" BANG "Nevermind" oh my god what a bunch of morons.

I'm proposing a new gun control law. If you work at WalMart your prohibited from Owning a firearm.

Nutty4Guns and orygun like this.
  3. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

How about instead of siding with the anti's and giving them ammo, pun intended, walmart actually trains their staff? Is that really too much to ask?

4. bakersman345

I'm being a smart Alec, they should be properly trained, but According to the video the employee did exactly what she was trained to do. Give the crazy guy ammo for the gun he has in his hands. The cop should have hit her with his car also.

Brutus57 likes this.
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

At Sportsman or Cabelas, or any number of places the ammo is on the shelf no lock required. He could have walked up pocketed the ammo then got the gun let the clerk walk it out and then still behaved like an A ss

TastyWheat87 likes this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"DID THIS EVER NEED TO HAPPEN!" Oh my, yes! Crazy, armed perp in the corner pocket!

Another reason I'll stay away from W-mart!

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I see this as just poor training. Most retail stores that sell firearms dont have a DEDICATED sporting goods person.. Its whatever employee with the right set of keys is nearest.. Are there crazies? Sure.. But banning the sale of ammunition and firearms is no way to go about preventing this.

OLDNEWBIE, 40calruler, RLS and 2 others like this.
  8. decklin

I can't even begin to remember how many times I've tried to buy ammo at walmart just to wait around for several minutes while they try to figure out who has the keys.
    I've also only met ONE semi knowledgable employee working that department. And by knowledgable I mean he hands you the ammo you actually asked for.
    I've had two separate people try to give me the wrong ammo. I asked for .38 and was handed .38 Special. Then another box of .38 Special but a different brand. At that point I asked for the manager.
    The other guy handed me a box of .45 Colt when I wanted .45 Auto. When I pointed out the mistake he argued and pointed and at the label saying, "see? .45. I know what I'm doing!"
    Again I asked for the manager.
    Oh, yeah. Let's not forget the guy that wouldn't sell me ammo because I was carrying and claimed it was state law.
    Come to think of it maybe I should just stay out of walmart.

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I only go there for two things, cheap steel cased ammo and ZQI 7.62x51.. Aside from that its never a "rewarding" experience.

10. decklin

I buy ammo and work clothes there. I started doing my grocery shopping at Fred Meyer a couple years ago.
    Shopping at walmart is just a miserable experience.
    The employees just do not care, there are 30 registers but only three are ever open, and the item I need is always out of stock.

Caveman Jim and NoFlinch like this.
  11. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

After seeing this vid, I now understand that it's not just MY Wal Mart that employs idiots.:(

So thanks for that:D:cool:

If I had any other reasonable choice for shopping without driving another 10 miles, I'd never step in a WM again.............:D

TRUE: Whenever I pull into the WM parking lot, I always envision people running out the doors screaming............Why?..no idea:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

But I ALWAYS carry in that store.............:):(:Do_O

Unfortunately, the 2 small stores closer to me charge 2x or more for the same product wal mart sells.......:mad::(

I don't even ask for ammo at WM any more:(

decklin and 40calruler like this.
  12. bakersman345

Man getting ammo at WalMart is a pain. You have to ask someone they tell you to go to this other area to find the guy, you find him (sitting down eating a snickers) he looks at you like your a criminal (because he's a anti) then carry's the bullets over to electronics to have another person use the register, you pay, on your way out a guy wants to look in your bags and check your receipt.

After all that you have to deal with the azz wagons asking you for change outside and old lady's that cant drive for crap.

decklin likes this.
  13. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

One of the few stores I never go to without my carry. I know what you mean about picturing a crowd running out screaming...Just strikes you that one of the idiots in there could cause that at any moment.
    That security guard is an idiot and hopefully fired...along with childcare training being required. I cannot imagine taking my kids after a guy with a gun. No matter what lock it had he stole the gun why not assume he stole bolt cutters as well? Cop was dumb for even saying "you sure".

Sgt Nambu and NoFlinch like this.
  14. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The fact that walmart sells guns and Ammo helps keep the prices down.
    Although this is the first time I can remember this happening at a walmart I'm sure it's happened in other gun shops and chain stores too.
    Any guy with Ammo in is pocket could go into any gun shop or chain store and in the middle of handling a gun he pretends to wanna buy, and loads it!

Although badly secured with a cable lock, they did have a locking policy. A lot of gun shops don't.
    Wal mart will learn from this I'm sure and change training procedures. Most gun shops will carry on as before.
    This kind of thing will still be extremely rare.

albin25, WAYNO, oknow and 1 other person like this.
  15. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

i went to walmart to pick up a flashdrive and was told the electronics section was closed but he could retrive items for me. I almost told him i wanted to see every size flash drive in every color by every maker they had in stock. But i said I will go to a real store. Got a 32 gig for 20.00 at Freddys

16. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Let's see now. How 'bout we just close down all gun stores to prevent people from doing stupid things. The government could use it as an excuse, and from what I'm reading here, a lot of gun owners would cheer.

Let's use Fishermans as a really good example of stupid people are everywhere. Like the time I was in their store and a guy behind the gun counter was demonstrating a lazer grip. He lit me up clear across the store and everybody thought it was really cool. Fishermans will hand you an unlocked gun from their rack if you ask to look at it, and right there at the same aisle is the bargain priced ammo of all calibers. But let's put WalMart out of the gun business.

WAYNO.

albin25, oknow and jebediah like this.
  17. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

My best WalMart story; A couple of Christmas's ago my sister wanted a Galilean thermometer, you know, glass tube 3/4 full of water with glass balls partially filled with colored liquid and numbers on them that float in it. Lowest floating number is the temp. My girlfriend and I look all over WalMArt for them, all the logical places, some not so logical. finally go to the temporary Customer Service kiosk and ask the girl there for them. She looks clueless for a minute and then a homeless-looking guy walks up and says he knows where they are. Apparently he is incognito looking for shoplifters. So we follow him through the store and he leads us to the thermoSTATS. I point out that we are looking for a thermoMETER, something that tells the temperature. He leads us over to the thermometer section, which we have perused very carefully as one of the logical spots for them, but still no Galilean thermometers. So I explain again about the glass tube full of water and colored balls floating in it and he says "I didn't know those things could tell the temperature" and leads us to the lava lamps!! After one more attempt to explain about the colored balls floating in the tube he assures me they don't have anything like that. On our way out the door, as we are passing through the check-out area, there on the exit side is a HUGE display of Galilean thermometers. Hundreds, maybe a thousand of them, apparently craftily concealed from the help. We continued out the door and bought one elsewhere.

decklin likes this.
  18. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Many that I have met would not be trainable LOL
    Scarier yet, is they actually handle people's food..........................:s0040:

NoFlinch and decklin like this.
  19. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I discovered something somewhat indirectly at the Bend WM. I bought a load of groceries on my way home one Friday (it's on the way) and after paying I realized I forgot something and simply pushed my loaded cart back in with no one stopping me. I realized later I could have simply added items to my bags and pushed it right out the door. I didn't of course (not being a criminal) but on the 'surface' it appeared it could have been easy.

20. decklin

Last night after work I had to swing by walmart to grab a bag if dog food. Surprise, surprise there weren't any on the shelf. Took me 5 minutes to find an employee, it took him another 5 to find someone to go look for it, and another 15 for them to pass it off to yet another employee who finally brought it to me.
    Now I know why the liquor is next to the registers.