JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a reloading press in stock at a place down in Texas that I'd never heard from. So I looked them up under the local Better Business Bureau. SO glad I did! From the BBB website:

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS
Pattern of Complaint:
Beginning in January 2019 and up to today's date [September 2020], the BBB is receiving complaints and customer reviews that alleged orders are placed, an email confirmation is received, however, the products are never actually delivered. They also allege, the company is purposely taking customer's orders and money with no intention of delivering product. When consumers have been able to contact the company to inquire about order status, they are told the items are on back order. Consumers have requested a refund but some were offered store credit. When consumers requested to receive their refund instead, the owner was very rude and provided 'horrible customer service'. Customer Reviews allege, when disputing the charges, the company sent a nasty email threatening to sue the consumer. Complaints also allege when trying to contact the company, calls are going unanswered.

Recent Customer Reviews stated, the owner sends a threatening email requesting the consumer reverse their charge back or they will be charged a $35 charge back fee, $500 negative vendor rating fee and 8% order value for the cancellation fee. If that is unsuccessful, they will sue the consumer in a small claims action.

Complaints received in August and September 2020 are stating consumers will place an order and then receive their credit card statements showing the company has re-billed the consumer with additional charges without their approval. Consumers are also being told they need to provide additional monies as the price of their product(s) have gone up. In a customer review received in Oct, consumer stated they requested a refund, instead of a refund, the company asked for more money by stating "how much can you afford".

Consumers allege they are told the credit card machine is down, so they must pay by check. One consumer alleged, his bank informed him the check he submitted to the company was deposited in the owner's personal account. Unfortunately, the products are not received

Customer review received in September 2020, consumer report the owner stated he was an attorney when trying to impose legal fees and collection fees.
The BBB also received multiple positive customer reviews which originated from the same URL address but were submitted using different names and email addresses. Some of the email addresses were the owners information. At this time, all customer reviews and complaints are going unanswered.

Field investigation done on 5/31/2020 by BBB personnel found the address provided is a private residence.

They have over 100 complaints against them in just the last 12 months!

Last Edited:
The thing on the other hand is if you are a member (paying customer) of the BBB, you can be a terrible business but be shown through them that you are not.

Seems to be another scam now a days.....

Item on website.
You order item.
Item never comes.
Buyer tries to contact to no avail.
Canx order.
Charged a fee AND/OR a "restocking fee.
Stop payment/dispute charges.
Company fights and threatens.
Etc...etc...etc....

The latest of many scams going on.

Good on you for doing a little research before placing an order.

Now..... what's the name of this place? :cool:

If you read this it should have been a red flag:

Return and Cancellation Policy
We want your shopping experience with us to be easy and hassle-free. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return most unused items in their original packaging within 60 days of receipt of merchandise for an exchange or refund. For your convenience, OpticsandAmmo.com offers a FREE pre-paid shipping label for qualifying domestic returns. Returns for non-defective merchandise will result in a 15% restocking fee. Returns will not be accepted more than 60 days after your order was placed.

Order cancellation prior to shipment will result in a 10% cancellation fee. This fee is designed to cover credit card processing fees incurred from cancelled transactions. To avoid the cancellation fee, one can request store credit for their full order value. We can apply this credit to any of the 35,000 products listed on our website. We can also apply this credit to many millions of other non-listed products upon customer request.

It should usually take approximately 2 to 10 days after your payment clears for your order to ship, but may take longer for certain products such as backordered items and out of stock items. Some backordered items sometimes take up to 180 days to ship.

Sometimes we have customers who will pay us with bad checks and/or with fraudulent/stolen credit cards. In the case that your payment is reversed in any fashion, we reserve the right to utilize collection agencies and litigation to recover the following fees:

$1,000 negative vendor rating fee: Reversed transactions hurt our standing with banks and credit card processors. Reversed credit card transactions and bad checks can ultimately lead to closure of our business credit card processing and/or business bank accounts. Once accounts are closed, businesses can be and are frequently blacklisted from being able to conduct future business. This could totally shut down our business.

Reasonable Fees for our time spent recovering the funds.

Any additional fees resulting from the payment reversal, such as a $35 fee paid to the bank for bad checks or a $35 fee paid to credit card processors for reversed credit card transactions. Sometimes there might also be an additional $1000 or $500 arbitration fee for credit card transactions.

The full order value, restocking fee, or cancellation fee, whichever is applicable.

Any attorney fees and/or fees paid to the collection agencies.

I thought the point of the OP was to check out online companies before you do biz with them. BBB may not mean the company is perfect, but if they say it's not, you can bet dealing with them would be problematic.

Do we want to start a thread with the names of all terrible online companies and put a sticky on it? Is there liability for NWFA or idividuals if we do that? Are we intending to warn members off, or is it a Scarlet A effort???

Real questions... I don't read the reviews here so I don't know the history of giving negative reviews/ratings/comments about companies here, much less on a broader basis.

Here in UK we only deal with people we know, literally. It's one of the few good points about having such a small market. Anybody that even dreams about thinking of peeing in the hats of a shooter here in UK just disappears off the Gun Trader's Association list - the register of gun traders and associated items. Like a lot of thing here, registration and membership is compulsory.

I thought the point of the OP was to check out online companies before you do biz with them. BBB may not mean the company is perfect, but if they say it's not, you can bet dealing with them would be problematic.

Do we want to start a thread with the names of all terrible online companies and put a sticky on it? Is there liability for NWFA or idividuals if we do that? Are we intending to warn members off, or is it a Scarlet A effort???

Real questions... I don't read the reviews here so I don't know the history of giving negative reviews/ratings/comments about companies here, much less on a broader basis.
Well, I didn't give them a bad review since I never did business with them in the first place.

This was really more of a buyer beware kinda thing.

Again this is why I LOVE on line shopping BUT, I will only use a credit card. Some scammer can make all the threats they want. In the US the laws protecting anyone using a credit card for a card not present transaction give amazing protection. Many banks now offer good protections using debit cards but, only because they were afraid if they did not the law makers would step in. Still the only way to buy, use a credit card.

Well, I didn't give them a bad review since I never did business with them in the first place.

This was really more of a buyer beware kinda thing.

Well, I meant the sidebar that says "Latest Resource Reviews".... I don't read that, don't read much classifieds or feedback on sellers/buyers... so my question was more about what is our traditional etiquette or habits here about providing negative "feedback/comments/reviews" on companies with which members do biz.

I noticed a lot of demands that the company in your OP be named... seems a rabid bunch for a post Thanksgiving Black Friday, which is why I posed the questions and admitted I have no experience with such. ;):)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews