JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me all of us who are older (60's on up) need to look at what our generation has done to public education rather than blaming those who were not educated. You don't slam a kid because it doesn't know how to, say, ride a bike, you teach the kid how to ride.

Kids now day can give a rat's a$$ about education. Don't blame the teachers when an entire generation thinks everybody owes them everything.

Last Edited:
The narrow camera lens can create a false narrative. It's how the media manipulates the masses, and while Dice is entertaining, he is not much different that the rest of those out there trying to make a buck on the web.

Kids now day cab give a rat's a$$ about education. Don't blame the teachers when an entire generation thinks everybody owes them everything.
Not all. All three of my grand kids are straight-A kids with the oldest making honor role two years in a row now.
They are respectful, intelligent and know how to shoot as well. They are not dorks or nerds, just smart kids who will make a difference because, unlike the life of their grandfather (me), they have had good solid family influence from their parents and grandparents. We chose to break the cycle 37 years ago when my daughter was born because my parents did us no favors...they left us to our own devices and thankfully to the grace of God, out of the three of us boys I was able to escape addiction and incarceration and live a pretty decent life. My guess is there are plenty like our family out there...and they are nothing like the morons Dice selectively presents for our consumption.

A big part of the problem is the "No Kid Left Behind Act" of 2001. My wife just retired from working as a librarian's assistant in an elementary school and the biggest problem she saw over and over were the overcrowded classes and the elimination of special ed class rooms.
Every class room has one or more special need student(s) that took 75% of the teachers attention daily leaving the rest of the class to fend for themselves.
In 2009, the school district where my wife worked part time, eliminated the full time librarians position and handed the library over to my wife, then the district installed over 40 computers and told her to teach the students Type to Learn, Cool Math and other self teaching programs.
She inquired about whether it was legal for her to teach the students, as she didn't have a degree in education and the district had conveniently changed the rules and revised them to read as long as my wife was within shouting distance from a certified educator, she could oversee up to 40 students by herself.
I made her quit last year as after 17 years it was killing her trying to handle doing the workload of three people in under 30 hours a week.

And some of those he interviewed are not 'kids' which makes it ever more disturbing...
Yea, some of them were not kids. It was too pathetic and painful. I could not watch the entire video.

Hey, they are SOMEBODY'S kids, somewhere. ;)

You don't slam a kid because it doesn't know how to, say, ride a bike, you teach the kid how to ride.

Ummmm..... you referred to a human kid as "it". That's fine referencing them ANTIFA types, but that's.... a disturbing sociopathic slip. :D

You can find idiots everywhere. Even an idiot could do it.........:confused:
However, he didn't show the hundreds he interviewed that knew the answers immediately and spoke intelligently.
That wouldn't make for a good blog, or whatever he's doing. Just another Facebooker trying to be the new Walter Cronkite.
Facebook and YouTube. The last two bastions of truth and ethical standards we have left in society.
Thank goodness we have Twitter to validate the veracity of their articles.

Whenever I (rarely) watch these man-on-the-street interview/Q&A things, am always left to wonder whether the dummy respondents are really 8 or 9 out of 10 as is portrayed or through the magic of editing, they simply chose to make it seem that the majority are this stupid. Hope it's editing, otherwise - the country is in serious danger.

I think our education system has been failing for a long, long time. They do not teach civics, real U.S History, the Declaration of Independence, U.S Constitution, etc, etc. It's also sad that many parents don't take up the slack either.

I also have to agree with Rickenbacher39, they do tend to cherry pick the less than knowledgeable ones to show.

Having said that, I think people are waking up. Many are hungry for the information, they just don't know where to turn. My wife and I sometimes get asked questions by people we know, we start them off with their very own Pocket Constitution (which includes the Declaration of Independence). We also ask them questions to get them started thinking about things maybe in a little different way. We also try to talk about what we have in common and can agree on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ...... but hey, they brought it up. LOL!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top