JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one in 9 mm and I think it is OK. I have no real love or hate for it is just a single stack compact 9 and will do the job if needed. I got mine through a sales promotion when I worked at the gun shop so I was not out much for it. My kid is currently carrying it at the moment to see if he wants one or he may just end up with it as I still carry the G19 most every day.

The key thing is that I would trust my life with it as it has proven to work just fine so what more could ask.

The top selling gun might just depend on where you live.
Kinda like when you price a used gun to sell or trade.
What works , sells or is in demand in one part of the country is often different in another.
Andy

Doesn't sound right. Since the majority of gun owners don't conceal carry why would the most popular pistol be a small, low capacity, not the best for target shooting, not the cheapest pistol out there? While I like the Shield as a cc pistol , it wouldn't be my first choice for home defense.

I love my shield it is easy to carry and yet it shoots extremely well for such a
small pistol. I improved the trigger with an Apex sear. :p:p:p
It really is a goldilocks gun.:rolleyes::rolleyes: The best handgun in the world
does you no good if it is not with you when you need it. The shield is
small and comfortable enough to carry always. IMHO:D

Last Edited:
Ya. Well they also say the Heritage Arms Rough Rider is#2. :rolleyes:

Actually they said it was the best selling revolver. I too was amazed at this. And a single action gun? Somehow this is hard to believe.

It might be that there are people who don't want to pay $600 for a revolver, and revolver buyers must also include a lot of one-gun newbs. But still, a single action gun for those folks makes little sense.

Maybe this was an ad for S&W. ;)

Doesn't sound right. Since the majority of gun owners don't conceal carry why would the most popular pistol be a small, low capacity, not the best for target shooting, not the cheapest pistol out there? While I like the Shield as a cc pistol , it wouldn't be my first choice for home defense.

I believe there is a big trend toward personal carry - or at least the intent to do so. Pretty much every non-gun owner I know who's considering getting a pistol, is thinking about something they can conceal. Whether they actually will or not is a separate issue.

So while most pistols currently owned in America (spanning several decades of all varieties) do not fit that profile, perhaps the majority sold in the past couple years actually do. And the Shield 9 certainly sits right in that pocket (no pun intended).

Boss: "What is the answer?"

Statistician: "What do you want it to be?"

Last Edited:
The real question people should be asking, however, is if in this day and age of mass shootings, terrorist attacks, etc., is a small sub compact single stack pistol enough gun? Is a Shield with its short sight radius the gun you want if you need to take a shot at 25 yards or greater? Is a sub compact single stack the gun you want if you have to go up against multiple assailants who are armed with a rifle? And I realize that no pistol is ideal in these situations. But again, is a single stack sub compact the gun you really want to fight with?

Just something to think about. Everyone is going to have a different answer and some people will feel just fine with a Shield.

May the odds be forever in your favor! :D

I think y'all overthink these things.
I dunno about the shield ,maybe the price point?
But the rough rider is my next gun. 22mag and LR cylinders at a great price. Maybe 3/4 the price of a single six?
Should be in everyone's prep get home,under the seat,blah blah bag
But your overthinking is entertaining :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews