JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just consider this dress rehearsal for the real SHTF....
+1000%
There is a real lesson to be learned here for all the SHTF bugout types. If this were a real scenario anyone in their right mind in those outer communties would be dropping trees across every inbound access point to their community.

A couple years ago there was an issue with the water in Beaverton and the Safeway manager said he sold a week's worth of bottled water in an hour. That was clearly just a temporary, non survival issue.

God help us if we faced a real problem...

Trader Joes in Bend...

IMG_3645.JPG

I just got back yesterday afternoon from camping in Tumalo. Had a smooth drive all the way back to Keizer, guess I just barely missed all the traffic, it wasn't even congested more than normal in Sisters.

I was there Sunday-Wednesday, went to Prineville reservoir State Park on Monday to check out some camp spots and the park wasn't even full.

I did see and talk to several Canadians camping at Tumalo who were here for the eclipse.

This whole "solar apocalypse" is a farking nightmare! We always keep plenty of propane and water on hand and Monday after work I cycled all the gas cans and refilled everything! The station attendant told me that they had filled 136 containers so far and that was around 6:00 pm monday. This situation is quickly getting out of hand, I personally witnessed a fight break out over chips @ Costco yesterday and Trader Joe's was like a refugee camp! Absolute insanity!
Told all of our customers that we won't be seeing them starting today through next Tuesday, not worth the potential risk on the roads! To all who are in the "path of destruction" stay frosty!!!!!:mad:

Headed to the beach on Sat. Hope Monday doesn't make traffic much worse then usual.

We are all set for a short while though and other then during the eclipse on side streets, I don't think we will see a staggering traffic event like further south.

I think you are nuts, Joe! The transportation routes and infrastructure are going to be overwhelmed at the coast and the path of totality!
But, OTOH, look how much cool stuff you'll have to write about on the site! :D

I have to drive from Keizer to Albany on Saturday for a birthday party. How screwed do you think I am?

I know a few back roads that I think I am going to take rather than I5 but I am worried that they may be jammed also. Any advice?

OK! I've been thinking of this whole, "disappearing sun, corona watching, millennial freak fest!" as a big joke! Now that I've been reading this darned thread I'm starting to freak out myself! I'm sitting in my chair, checking my M1-A, loading its last empty magazine and thinking about oxygen, water and supplies! :(

OK, OK, I'm fine! :) I just enjoy sitting in my chair, fondling my M1-A and loading magazines! Thinking about oxygen, water and supplies! ;) So sue me!!!

Last Edited:
THEY'RE HERE:

"Big sky mobile catering" missoula, mt

taken from the old roths parking lot in keizer on my lunch break!!

IMG_0302.JPG

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR