Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

And now for more dumb proposed Ammo laws.. :(

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by gehrheart, Oct 6, 2012.

1. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

2. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Maybe someone can help me understand this, how would an ammo cap stop some crazy fool from killing? I'm just not seeing it.

3. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

I will ask some of my liberal friends. Sometimes it's difficult to step into opponents shoes, got to have them put the shoes on for you instead :)

4. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I just don't understand, I'm a pretty reasonable guy but this is by far the dumbest argument that has ever passed through someones face hole....really come on.

5. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Emotional response. Arsenal + crazy = scary. And people don't want to be frightened :) Except for the gun people - being scared of the government is a norm here :D

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

For all the thousands of rounds I have (safely stored and locked in a safe for that matter)... It only takes one (potentially) to kill someone. :rolleyes:

7. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

As the present mayor of Chicago stated...."let no crisis go unexploited"

iusmc2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. MrFiux

MrFiux Tillamook County Member

Ambulance chasing hypocrites

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

9. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

"This guy had 10,000 rounds. Clearly, there should be some sort of system in place to alert law enforcement authorities if somebody has some inordinate amount of ammunition or weaponry." - U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a democrat who represents Minneapolis.

What is this politician (read moron) suggesting? I would bet his Idea is to have an officer hand you one bullet at a time and pay them for the privilege of the service. wonderful thinking - restrict commerce and violate rights under the guise of safety. Gee maybe we can restrict things to the point that people will use Molotov cocktails instead of bullets and we can pass laws against using gasoline too...

I'm guessing his definition of inordinate is far different than mine...

10. strick

strick McMinnville Oregon Member

Being a bit more liberal leaning myself I see this as just plan stupid. I got over 2k rounds of varies calibers from 22lr to 45acp and some .223. Man I might just go off the deep end now that I got a stock pile!! Yup that would send me to the nut house for sure for having that much ammo... Can not imagine having 10k rounds of the stuff... it makes people go crazy. Not the losing of a job or loss of a loved one, just buying and having a stock pile of ammo.

11. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

It is the we do not know what to do about "GUN CRIME" but we have to do something anything. Mentality that is coming up with stupid stuff like this.

Did not wach the video, on satalite so it is a pain. But a lot depends on the definition of ammo. Some former proposals put forth were a loaded bullet (cartridge) counted as one, bullet(cartridge). BUT one primer, one brass, one projectile, would count as "THREE bullets"

Are .22's included in the count? that can make a huge difference.

12. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Lets see here, I buy one six pack and I am a social drinker but if I buy a couple cases then I should be 'investigated' as a possible alcoholic who may be a 'ticking time bomb' who may get behind the wheel and kill someone. Yes, I get it, the amounts of something you purchase and the time frame of doing so should no doubt be used as evidence as the predictor of possible misuse. Beyond stupid - insane thinking.

13. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Lets put a cap on the gobbment purchasing 1.6 bababa billion rounds!

14. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

Great you just gave them a reason to limit us to one round, since it only takes one to protect yourself/kill someone.. :p

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Guess I better turn myself in!
    I was just mentally inventorying my supply and I'm up over 10,000 rds. from .22 up to 5.56. 500 more rds .45 Golden Saber +P coming in Thursday.
    I need a bigger safe!!