JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just don't understand, I'm a pretty reasonable guy but this is by far the dumbest argument that has ever passed through someones face hole....really come on.

Emotional response. Arsenal + crazy = scary. And people don't want to be frightened :) Except for the gun people - being scared of the government is a norm here :D

"This guy had 10,000 rounds. Clearly, there should be some sort of system in place to alert law enforcement authorities if somebody has some inordinate amount of ammunition or weaponry." - U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, a democrat who represents Minneapolis.

What is this politician (read moron) suggesting? I would bet his Idea is to have an officer hand you one bullet at a time and pay them for the privilege of the service. wonderful thinking - restrict commerce and violate rights under the guise of safety. Gee maybe we can restrict things to the point that people will use Molotov cocktails instead of bullets and we can pass laws against using gasoline too...

I'm guessing his definition of inordinate is far different than mine...

Being a bit more liberal leaning myself I see this as just plan stupid. I got over 2k rounds of varies calibers from 22lr to 45acp and some .223. Man I might just go off the deep end now that I got a stock pile!! Yup that would send me to the nut house for sure for having that much ammo... Can not imagine having 10k rounds of the stuff... it makes people go crazy. Not the losing of a job or loss of a loved one, just buying and having a stock pile of ammo.

It is the we do not know what to do about "GUN CRIME" but we have to do something anything. Mentality that is coming up with stupid stuff like this.

Did not wach the video, on satalite so it is a pain. But a lot depends on the definition of ammo. Some former proposals put forth were a loaded bullet (cartridge) counted as one, bullet(cartridge). BUT one primer, one brass, one projectile, would count as "THREE bullets"

Are .22's included in the count? that can make a huge difference.

Ellison argued that reporting large purchases of ammo may not always lead to arrests, but it would allow law enforcement to ask questions and investigate.
"Maybe we would have been able to figure out that this guy is a ticking time bomb. ... Maybe it wouldn't have changed anything, but maybe it would have,"
Lets see here, I buy one six pack and I am a social drinker but if I buy a couple cases then I should be 'investigated' as a possible alcoholic who may be a 'ticking time bomb' who may get behind the wheel and kill someone. Yes, I get it, the amounts of something you purchase and the time frame of doing so should no doubt be used as evidence as the predictor of possible misuse. Beyond stupid - insane thinking.

Guess I better turn myself in!
I was just mentally inventorying my supply and I'm up over 10,000 rds. from .22 up to 5.56. 500 more rds .45 Golden Saber +P coming in Thursday.
I need a bigger safe!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top