Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

And it happens AGAIN! Here we go.... Mass Shooting in Texas!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by TMACK, Aug 13, 2012.

1. TMACK

TMACK clackamas Active Member

Police officers among 'multiple casualties' as gunman opens fire near Texas A&M - U.S. News

Police officers among 'multiple casualties' as gunman opens fire near Texas A&MBy M. Alex Johnson, NBC News
    Updated at 3:15 p.m. ET: "Multiple" people, including an undetermined number of police officers, were shot when a gunman opened fire Monday near the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, police and university officials said.

Two police officers and a civilian were injured, and the gunman was in custody, police said. Fire officials told NBC News that none of the injuries was serious or life-threatening. Few other details were immediately available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow @NBCNewsUSCampus officials issued an alert to faculty and students for an "active shooter" two blocks southeast of the university, which houses the library of former President George W. Bush.

2. alatyk

alatyk Salem, OR Member

i just read that too, man, what the hell is going on lately...

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

this year isn't going very well,

media fuels these crazy people. they see how you can get attention.

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Assume that at least some of these people are patsies setup to support an agenda. Look at all the details with a very skeptical viewpoint.

Urban Dictionary:

scapegoat. red herring. person accused of a something as a cover for a bigger more elaborate crime.

5. codezilla

codezilla United States Member

Third shooting in a month while anti-gun legislation is in the works and likely to be signed into law by Obama's executive order. Meanwhile, the first shooter is so drugged out that he cannot even speak. The second shooter offed himself. And both of the first two incidents have witness accounts mentioning multiple villains. Call me a conspiracy theorist.

6. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

I like how the victims of the Aurora shooting asked the media to stop using the name and picture of the shooter, to just call him "the accused shooter" or similar, and to concentrate on the victims - to avoid giving publicity-seeking insane people the publicity they want.

So of course, one media outlet reported on the request... With a story replete with the shooter's name over and over, and multiple pictures.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. nokiafan88

nokiafan88 Portland Member

This is just making all of the responsible gun owners look bad, I would probably stock up on guns because the end seems to be near.. Damn it all

8. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

9. CharonPDX

My skepticism says that it is much more likely that there are many nutjobs going off their rocker in the heat than any mass gun control conspiracy finding martyrs to commit violence so they can ban guns.

MikeE and (deleted member) like this.
  10. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

The shooter was being served an eviction notice by an officer and opened fire on the officer from inside the house News from The Associated Press

11. CharonPDX

Ah, that makes a *LOT* more sense. Still stupid, and the guy deserved what happened to him, of course. But at least it has something resembling "rational" motivation.

Edit: Ah, now I see that the shooter died as a result of his police-returned-fire injuries.

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

So, as normal, when the facts start rolling out we go from 'Gunman on Texas A&M campus to 'Man flips lid after being served an eviction notice.'

Sometimes, wouldn't it be nice if people actually reported NEWS and FACTS prior to random theories? It is one thing for us people on the forum to do that, it is our role. But NEWS people are supposed to care about about the 4 Ws and 1 H, right?

M

13. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

If you believe the stats from the internet, there are appx 80 million gun owners in America who own over 260 million guns. The sad reality is that there will always be these kind of things going on because some people are just plain nuts:nuts:, or pissed off:argue:, or enter excuse of the day here.

14. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

AND they use the middle name,just like they always have used all three names for famous murderers

15. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

How about a little of both?
    Maybe the GC people are finding it easier to find crazies to further their agenda.

I won't discount the conspiracy theories all together,but I will hold them at what they are for now,a conspiracy theory. I would never put it past ANY government to try something like this,to further any agenda

16. blk04specv

blk04specv Hillsboro Member

At the moment I don't believe this to be a set up. I think someone just got pissed and made a bad choice. I think the timing is to convenient for the news to pass up. Of course it will continue to fan the anti gun flame that's raging right now.

17. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

It seems to me as the economy gets worse, more and more stress will be piled upon people. Lose your job, lose your home, lose your wife and family, lose your will to live.

Look at the past economic recessions and depressions. As people feel hopeless some crawl into holes others lash out. It isn't an excuse, it is just what happens, just human nature.

So, who needs to directly have a conspiracy when people are making a situation where this will happen more and more. They just stoke the fuel, spread out gasoline, and wait for someone to kick a match. They don't need an exact moment they just wait.

18. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I remember the summer of the shark attack a while back. They blamed it on Global Warming and GWB but then somebody checked the statistics and it turned out to be a normal year.

Chicago is the most dangerous large city in the world, a dozen people are killed every week but amazingly those shootings never make the national news. Odd..