JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One problem with starting out with only 200' of rope, is trying to add the extra rope with the ball retrieval system fixed to the first 200' of rope.
You can tie on some extra rope (50'-75') but when the current is really ripping, the retrieval ball can be sucked down by the current.

I start with knowing the places I'll be anchoring, depth and flow then choose the appropriate length. I doesn't hurt to always use the longest length of rope to leave out the guessing because when your after fish you go on auto-pilot.... :D
Just a couple months before springer fishing lol

Well then, the next time I see you I'll bring your belated B-day gift.:)

In all my years dropping anchor in hog lines on the Columbia, I have seen every possible way for things to go wrong at the worst possible times.
When things happen, they happen fast, especially when setting out line when sturgeon fishing in fast water.

I agree that on the water stuff happens fast, like not watching what's going on out side the boat.
I saw a guy destroy his kicker when drifting the Cow and timing up a leader when he hit a submerged rock.
Always be aware of your surroundings, just like on land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top