JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This from a state watch dogs in Virginia and a good summation. Read it and relax a bit. Read the link noted below and then chew on the analysis. Get educated on the facts . 99% of this is order is pure flatulence

Subject: VA-ALERT: Analysis of Obama's Executive Orders on guns

Here is a link to details on the new Obama Executive Orders.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...e-and-make-our

ANALYSIS

Much of the Executive Orders (EOs) really don't change anything, but try to put a menacing or intimidating spin on them. Others simply double-down on existing enforcement (yawn), some are bad, and one VCDL likes. Here is what they really do (or don't do).

1. A dealer who sells guns exclusively over the internet or at gun shows is still a dealer and needs to have a license and do background checks. This is a "yawn" as it is simply restating current law and how it has always been enforced. Net effect: zero.

2. There is no specific threshold on the number of guns sold, as to what makes you a dealer. That has always been true. The BATFE takes into consideration several factors in determining if you are just a person selling a few items from your private collection or if you are trying to earn a living, or part of a living, by buying and selling guns. Here Obama tries to scare gun owners by saying that someone had been found to be in the business of selling firearms "when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, WHEN OTHER FACTORS ALSO WERE PRESENT" (emphasis mine). Here he's obviously found some obscure cases that must have had some unusual "other factors" that made it clear the person was actually selling guns for a living, even with a small number of sales. This EO is implying that BATFE might be looking harder at people who sell guns regularly to make sure they are not really "in the business." Other than trying to scare people by also pointing out the penalties for being in the business without a license, I don't see this as changing the status quo on private sales at all. Net effect: zero, but meant to intimidate people into not doing any private sales.

3. Requiring everyone in an NFA trust to have a background check. This will have ZERO effect on crime, as criminals are NOT setting up trusts to buy NFA items! No one has been killed with a lawfully owned machine gun since the 1970s, when a police officer murdered his wife with one. This is simply a waste of time - doing something just to do something. Net effect: all those who are part of an NFA trust must have a background check.

4. Push for states to include more mental health data. Virginia has been doing this for a long time, predating the Virginia Tech massacre. Net effect: no effect on gun owners generally and no effect for Virginia gun owners at all.

5. More NICS employees will be hired to make NICS checks quicker and available 24/7, which is fine with VCDL as it will make it faster to buy a gun through a dealer. Net effect: positive because of quicker gun purchases.

6. Centralize tracing bullets used in crime. Net effect: zero for gun owners.

7. Step up investigating those who are illegally selling guns over the internet. Net effect: zero for gun owners.

8. Clarify that dealers are to notify the police about the loss or theft of guns. Net effect: zero for gun owners and zero for gun dealers, who already do this anyhow.

9. Direct U.S. Attorney's Office to renew domestic violence outreach efforts. This requires coordination with state and local police on domestic violence crime. BUT it also requires coordination with "community groups focused on domestic violence." I do not trust giving such "community groups" special treatment by the government. Net effect: no real change for gun owners.

10. Get information from the Social Security Administration on mental health issues for the purpose of disqualifying some people from owning a gun. Net effect: this is DANGEROUS, as it can strip people of their right to own a gun WITHOUT DUE PROCESS. A very tiny minority of those with mental health issues are dangerous. Just because you let someone else balance your checkbook doesn't mean you should not be able to own a gun, but that's what Obama is doing. Obama is casting a huge net for the purpose of catching what actually boils down to a handful of people.

11. Change HIPAA laws to allow states to share "certain" information from a person's health records. Net effect: this is DANGEROUS, as it can strip people of the right to own a gun WITHOUT DUE PROCESS. No cookie cutter, bureaucratically controlled, examination of a person's medical records should be used to strip someone of any of their rights without DUE PROCESS!

12. Encourage the development of "smart guns." If there is a market for "smart guns," they will be developed with or without government help. Hint: if police, government agencies like the Secret Service, or the military don't want smart guns, then they probably are not going to be successful. Net effect: none for gun owners, just government wasting more tax dollars on another boondoggle.

I am sure there are other angles and such people will bring up but the vast majority is covered above.
This is "Not" my opinions or analysis, I merely posted this to frame the discussion to facts , not the emotionalism raging on other forums . I think the Analysis posted by Va. Civil Defense League is fact based and informative.

Every inch is a mile lost...I get that. No contest.
However, SPIN is not productive and we got far too much of that going on right now. Just read the links below and educate yourself...don't rely on others to "tell you what is going on". I do realize the entire purpose is "deflection" to shift attention away from ISIS and failed middle east policies ... AND IT HAS WORKED!
ISIS has faded from the headlines and the fake tears got the TV coverage pushing out another fiasco in Afghanistan. The master deceiver has once again successfully applied magic and smoke and mirrors to shift the American attention span.

Can't wait to see the uptick in firearms sales he's created this week...

Seems 45. ACP ammo is a tad scares today... Nothing at Bi-Mart nor Dick's. Need to get to Sportsman's Warehouse tomorrow to check...

This is good news, generally. As in everything he does Hussein Obama does things half assed. He is showing America that he is not a lame duck president by enacting executive orders but he really is doing what he has done during his terms of office, very little if anything. The man is a disgrace to the Office of the President.

It ain't nothin' just more BS political posturing.

The joke is, acquiring firearms for a personal collection is an automatic disqualifier when applying for a FFL. So this new EO states that people who are "ineligible" to obtain a FFL must obtain a FFL or be prosecuted as an unlicensed firearms dealer.

This is the same guy who solved the problem of people who couldn't afford health care with a law that required them to buy health care or pay a fine.

Maybe next week Obama can solve the homeless problem by requiring all homeless people to buy homes or face jail time.
They tried that it went to hell in 2008 !

And it emboldens liberals at the state level, so hard for me to just relax.

You are 100% correct, but I think the idea is relax about the hyped up bullsheep and focus on the state level and push this bullsheep back. i think the whole goal was to side track us and that is why in my opinion we need to relax and focus. Anyone who served in armed services or LEO I would say focus on your training this is textbook stuff and a diversion if there was ever one.
There may be teeth but they are false teeth at best we need to hit hard atthe state level and camp on Birdicks and Prozanskis lawn, I dont thing Prosanki has a lawn so well take down his hedge make them know we are here and not leaving.

You are 100% correct, but I think the idea is relax about the hyped up bullsheep and focus on the state level and push this bullsheep back. i think the whole goal was to side track us and that is why in my opinion we need to relax and focus. Anyone who served in armed services or LEO I would say focus on your training this is textbook stuff and a diversion if there was ever one.
There may be teeth but they are false teeth at best we need to hit hard atthe state level and camp on Birdicks and Prozanskis lawn, I dont thing Prosanki has a lawn so well take down his hedge make them know we are here and not leaving.
Make sure they hear us this time, en masse... There's power in numbers, need to clog
up the streets of Salem this legislative season...

Problem is firearms owners, as a rule, are law abiding and quiet... Time to be more vocal!!!

Make sure they hear us this time, en masse... There's power in numbers, need to clog
up the streets of Salem this legislative season...

Problem is firearms owners, as a rule, are law abiding and quiet... Time to be more vocal!!!

The other problem is that gun owners tend to stand up for the issues that directly affect them but not necessarily for the issues that don't directly affect them. Take SB941 for example. Honestly, how many gun owners does SB941 affect? Probably not a large majority, as I don't think many folks bother to buy and sell guns - I'd be willing to bet the percentage of overall gun owners that sell privately isn't even 50%. And how many were willing to stand up and be vocal about the proposed M855 ban? Were the gun owners that don't own AR's and don't care about AR's doing anything to stop that ban? How about the folks that only own guns for hunting and for nothing else - do they care about 10 round max magazine restrictions? Mandatory gun safes? Or do they only get active when a lead ammo ban is in the works?

Honestly, someone needs to find a way to galvanize all gun owners to be active and fight in all anti-gun battles, not just the ones that will directly affect them. We all need to realize that allowing ANY further restriction on our rights, even if it doesn't affect you personally, needs your attention.

The other problem is that gun owners tend to stand up for the issues that directly affect them but not necessarily for the issues that don't directly affect them. Take SB941 for example. Honestly, how many gun owners does SB941 affect? Probably not a large majority, as I don't think many folks bother to buy and sell guns - I'd be willing to bet the percentage of overall gun owners that sell privately isn't even 50%. And how many were willing to stand up and be vocal about the proposed M855 ban? Were the gun owners that don't own AR's and don't care about AR's doing anything to stop that ban? How about the folks that only own guns for hunting and for nothing else - do they care about 10 round max magazine restrictions? Mandatory gun safes? Or do they only get active when a lead ammo ban is in the works?

Honestly, someone needs to find a way to galvanize all gun owners to be active and fight in all anti-gun battles, not just the ones that will directly affect them. We all need to realize that allowing ANY further restriction on our rights, even if it doesn't affect you personally, needs your attention.

I wish I knew the answer, but I think the only way to "galvanize all gun owners to be active and fight" is for the anti's to go for broke, everything all at once; Like combining the NY "SAFE Act", the proposed WI "Assault Weapons Ban", the CA "Safe Pistol Roster", CT and CA style confiscations, a full on registration of all guns and a full out lead ban. The problem is that they won't because they know it would unite us.

Ray

Fastest way to motivate gun owners to action would be to put HILLARY (the lying bi tch Clinton) on the ticket for President of the USA.

Just saying

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top