JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I posted about my experience with Oregon Timber Wolf gun smithing doing some Cerkoting for me.
Oregon Timberwolf Gunsmithing

Well I had one of the slides and controls redone by an a neighbor / friend with only home made equipment like a hot plate, heater vent tubing, Harbor Freight bead blasting cabinet and air brush, a hollow cyclone fence post to heat barrels etc. The only thing he didn't skimp on was the Cerakote media.

IMHO the prices charged for cerakoteing may be well worth it. The prep time of cleaning each part, then bead blasting them, then making hangers for each part especially the smaller one was tedious.

I promised myself I wouldn't do an update until I handled and shot the pistol for about 3 months. We shoot just about everyday off our back deck. And we have our own 100 yd. range. 3 months is about the time it took for me to start to see the wear of the Oregon Timber Wolf work.

My buddy has since done more of his own toys, and they all came out looking good, but he's still learning

Here's some pics of the results from Oregon Timber Wolf after 6 months. There's more pics if you go to the link above.

259684-9428228fe76ed68bf0ff7dbb6b04831f.jpg 259855-ebe8999271ea84717c127d5d4e67a926.jpg

After 3+ month of heavy use here's what the gun looks like now. The shiny spots are the sun's reflection

DSC00001.JPG DSC00003.JPG DSC00004.JPG DSC00006.JPG

Last Edited:
A while back I posted about my experience with Oregon Timber Wolf gun smithing doing some Cerkoting for me.
Oregon Timberwolf Gunsmithing

Well I had one of the slides and controls redone by an a neighbor / friend with only home made equipment like a hot plate, heater vent tubing, Harbor Freight bead blasting cabinet and air brush, a hollow cyclone fence post to heat barrels etc. The only thing he didn't skimp on was the Cerakote media.

IMHO the prices charged for cerakoteing may be well worth it. The prep time of cleaning each part, then bead blasting them, then making hangers for each part especially the smaller one was tedious.

I promised myself I wouldn't do an update until I handled and shot the pistol for about 3 months. We shoot just about everyday off our back deck. And we have our own 100 yd. range. 3 months is about the time it took for me to start to see the wear of the Oregon Timber Wolf work.

My buddy has since done more of his own toys, and they all came out looking good, but he's still learning

Here's some pics of the results from Oregon Timber Wolf after 6 months. There's more pics if you go to the link above.

View attachment 366570 View attachment 366571

After 3+ month of heavy use here's what the gun looks like now. The shiny spots are the sun's reflection

View attachment 366572 View attachment 366573 View attachment 366574 View attachment 366575

I LIKE the way those look!. One of the things on the list is having something done with the ASR's I've been buying. The finish they come with is Meh at best and VERY easy to scratch. I quickly gave up even trying to keep them nice. Just figured to hell with it I will get them re done later. The more I see of this stuff the more I like the idea. Anyone knows of anyone who does it up my way let me know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top