JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes- I have attended seminars on aftermath of what to expect if you are forced into a defensive shooting act. The response and what you will go through varies depending on circumstances and the area where the shooting occured. In rural areas of Washington you most likely will get an apologetic and understanding slap on the back and assurances that the coroner will be out soon to haul away the carcass of the scumbag felon that just broke into your home. In other Urban areas run by the left you may expect to be hauled in and questioned for hours on end about why you chose to use deadly force to.protect yourself and your family. This may be inspire of the fact that you heard brken glass in middle of night, the person you confronted was wearing dark clothing , was armed, and had a long criminal history. You may be asked many stupid questions.: Why didn't you just call police and wait, did you ask if your guest was armed, how do you know the person wasn't just lost, why did you consider the person was a threat, why didn't you run away??? Etc.etc.etc. God help you if the person lives as you can expect him to probably she you and if he doesn't his relatives probably will and the prosecutors office will probably look for anything they can to possibly charge you for some inane reason probably along the lines of using excessive force. Unfortunately, if any of those scenarios end up in court you can expect thousand upon thousands of dollars in legal fees and the juries in these Urban courts are most likely packed with antigun left-wing liberals. It's a lose/ lose situation all the way around and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. None of us wants to have to take a life or hurt anyone unnecessarily. But when you are force into that situation you shouldn't be treated as if you have less rights and expectations than the scumbag you were forced to defend against. The media and the left are sure to paint them as victims and make excuses for them no matter what they did, have done, or will do in the future

Ps- and yes there are idiots out there with guns. I'm sure many of us have run into people who don't handle them properly and are an accident waiting to happen. If you run into one of these people take a moment to educate them on safe firearm use and point out the dangers involved with how they are handling a gun or situation along with corrective suggestions .

The Idaho training requirements I referred to only applies to those who are seeking the enhanced permit, which is not needed in Idaho. The enhanced permit was created so that Idahoans could carry in additional other states. But I fully agree that those who carry should be trained more than what is minimally required in many states, but I am not prepared to make that a generally applicable requirement to exercise a constitutionally protected right.

Interesting the different treatment in different locations.

My renewal in Clackamas County (Oregon) is an in and out in 10 minutes affair, with my new card in my hand.

My renewal in Clark County (Washington), also a ten minute affair, but I must now wait 60 days for my new card. My old card will be expired by then.:confused:

Last Edited:
Yes- I have attended seminars on aftermath of what to expect if you are forced into a defensive shooting act. The response and what you will go through varies depending on circumstances and the area where the shooting occured. In rural areas of Washington you most likely will get an apologetic and understanding slap on the back and assurances that the coroner will be out soon to haul away the carcass of the scumbag felon that just broke into your home. In other Urban areas run by the left you may expect to be hauled in and questioned for hours on end about why you chose to use deadly force to.protect yourself and your family. This may be inspire of the fact that you heard brken glass in middle of night, the person you confronted was wearing dark clothing , was armed, and had a long criminal history. You may be asked many stupid questions.: Why didn't you just call police and wait, did you ask if your guest was armed, how do you know the person wasn't just lost, why did you consider the person was a threat, why didn't you run away??? Etc.etc.etc. God help you if the person lives as you can expect him to probably she you and if he doesn't his relatives probably will and the prosecutors office will probably look for anything they can to possibly charge you for some inane reason probably along the lines of using excessive force. Unfortunately, if any of those scenarios end up in court you can expect thousand upon thousands of dollars in legal fees and the juries in these Urban courts are most likely packed with antigun left-wing liberals. It's a lose/ lose situation all the way around and something that shouldn't be taken lightly. None of us wants to have to take a life or hurt anyone unnecessarily. But when you are force into that situation you shouldn't be treated as if you have less rights and expectations than the scumbag you were forced to defend against. The media and the left are sure to paint them as victims and make excuses for them no matter what they did, have done, or will do in the future

Well stated commentary. I could not have stated it any better!

Thanks- but I fat fingered the text again misspelling a few words which in some loony-left locale would probably be grounds for listing/labeling me as a person with diminished capacity for the purpose of revoking my gun rights. Their desperate power grabs and control freak obsessions seem to have no bounds! With their pretzel logic, false representations, and obsessive compulsive behavior, I'm glad they choose to not own guns. They are the scary people that our parents warned us about when we were small. From my perspective, they are the people who should be getting mental health screening LOL

We are WA residents, with CPLs and just renewed our OR CPLs at the end of last year: http://www.co.columbia.or.us/sheriff/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=53

When we first did it almost 5 years ago, they (OR) came to Olympia and we did all the class info, paperwork, fingerprints. This time, just money and paperwork - in and out. A long drive to
Vernonia Police Department
1001 Bridge St, Vernonia, OR 97064, USA

But we made a day of it.

yes, "licenses" are just tax collections and without enough people standing up for our rights, they will continue to dwindle...

Peace,
Michael J.

Might not work for some, but my solution is to just not go to Oregon. Vote with my dollars. Problem solved.

Alternately, I'm not up to speed on their laws entirely, but isn't it an open carry state and as long as your gun isn't concealed in the car, you're on good legal ground? Or maybe it has to be unloaded in the car. Please look into that and not take my word for it, but I think that's accurate. Seems like a very viable alternative for the occasional Oregon trip. Unload your gun in the car or carry it open carry, and just do open carry in the state for your days there.

I jumped thru their hoops at one point and got a permit. It was a hassle, but not terribly bad. That was when I lived in WA and the sheriff would come to the gun show from time to time. The line was enormous. It must have been a cash cow for them, and I don't know why they stopped. I stood in line for an hour, and there were hundreds of people getting it done. Probably a several thousand dollar haul, plus the added Oregon revenue for travelers who might not otherwise go there.

When renewal came up, I was aggravated b/c they don't allow it by mail and the sheriff stopped coming up to WA. What kind of a backwards place is Oregon, afterall? No reciprocity, and non-res permits must ask for permission and go there in person. GFY Oregon. I'll keep my money and vote with my feet and dollars. Didn't renew, and didn't make plans to go back. Drove straight thru when I moved, stopping only when necessary.

Might not work for some, but my solution is to just not go to Oregon. Vote with my dollars. Problem solved. When renewal came up, I was aggravated b/c they don't allow it by mail and the sheriff stopped coming up to WA. What kind of a backwards place is Oregon, afterall? GFY Oregon. No reciprocity, and non-res permits must ask for permission and go there in person. I'll keep my money and vote with my feet and dollars. Didn't renew, and didn't make plans to go back. Drove straight thru when I moved, stopping only when necessary.

For the same reason(s) I do not go into Washington when I have a choice not to. I had to renew my CCW in person in Vancouver, as they too don't allow it by mail. And now I must wait 60 days for my renewal. What kind of backwards place is Washington? Compound that with the sales tax I must now pay in Washington, and I too, vote with my dollars and stay away.:s0146:

GFY Waskington.:D

Last Edited:
Smart! Just to let you know how bad it is here, if you change addresses and move ( can be as short as to the house across the street) and you haven't been at that address for atleast 90 days the can do the same 60 day wait for Washington Resident for anything gun related: purchase, renewal of CPL,etc. It's all part of the plan to make it as difficult as possible for the average legal Joe Blow all.in the name of safety to prevent "gun violence". I don't know but I'm guessing most of us legal citizens are pretty fed up with the way they do things and the way the coin things. When a drink driver kills someone in a car accident ( a violent act) do the call it " car violence"? When a criminal stabs,strangles, or beats and stomps someone to death do they call it " knife violence" "hand or foot violence" and when someone commits suicide by means other than a gun the do not call it " rope, drug, or jumping off a building or bridge violence" ??? Anything they can do to vilify an inanimate object.... bad gun!!!!
Meanwhile the real criminals get a pass. Those 3 gangbangers that shot up a bustop ,outside McDonalds in downtown Seattle killing and wounding multiple bystanders all had multiple felony and misdemeanor convictions including multiple past gun violations and assaults with firearm but the " gun safety advocates" have their revolving door court system set up to give these guys a pass and put them back on the street. I'm not kidding is a bad joke! It's almost like they want to give these guys every opportunity to do stuff like this repeatedly so the can ensure there is plenty of "gun violence" to report and furthered their aim of more leverage for their ultimate goal of eliminating all gun rights.our loony-left Dumb-o-crats at work financed by millionaires and billionaires with their own private armed security force

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top