JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL, wonder how many men in there were "NO WAY I am going to grab that huge rat. Woman said hold my beer and let me show you how this is done. :D
Long ago one came in the cat door, got up on the window sill in the dinning room. Sister in Law tells me about it. She had walked in saw it, thing froze, she at first thought it was a stuffed animal till she noticed its eyes following her and she screamed :D
I carried it out tossed it over the back fence. Damn if it did not come back in the same place. Over the fence again and this time put a Havaheart trap. That night its in the trap. Took it down to local park and re-homed it

Possum are definitely pretty homely , but they are really easy going and try to just get along with people . Once they get to know you, start trusting you. they will come right up to you.
I got a couple of them that I been feeding since they were just tiny, and just making their way threw the neighborhood gauntlet of dogs, Cats, Owls and cars . Had to pull a neighborhood house Cat off of one the baby's when it was just size of a fat pink faced rat in our backyard one night .
A year latter, the 2 Possum of that litter that survived come to my back door and I can feed them, one eats from hand . they like really like cooked Chicken, Honeydew Melon and Hotdogs. but will live off just dry bag cat food .

LOL, wonder how many men in there were "NO WAY I am going to grab that huge rat. Woman said hold my beer and let me show you how this is done. :D
Long ago one came in the cat door, got up on the window sill in the dinning room. Sister in Law tells me about it. She had walked in saw it, thing froze, she at first thought it was a stuffed animal till she noticed its eyes following her and she screamed :D
I carried it out tossed it over the back fence. Damn if it did not come back in the same place. Over the fence again and this time put a Havaheart trap. That night its in the trap. Took it down to local park and re-homed it
If it shows up again...

If it shows up again...

It's one of the few things I have never tried eating. Have heard many hunt it for food. Now that I live on a LARGE property we have a LOT of critters that have the run of the place. Dogs have a door but can't leave it open at night here as critters would soon start to venture into the home. Place is kind of its own ecosystem, with me helping. :D
Feed the cute stuff. Predators come and eat the stuff I fatten up. Been fun to watch up close. So far nothing is trying to get past the protections I built for the chickens so I allow all of them. Dogs were the only thing I thought might become a problem. So far keeping them well fed has kept them the away from the house. Once in a while one will trip one of the motion detectors but they are passing through and move fast. Do not even stop to look at the place the chickens are that they surely know are there. Told the Wife I had hoped that by keeping a supply of easy food the predators would leave us alone. So far working great. HUGE mated pair of Raccoons is the only thing that I have come close to firing on. Went out with a paintball marker couple times when they were getting to close to the home but never had to fire at them. They beat feet the second they see me so I so far "live and let live". Even have a mated pair of Mallards finally. Set up a small pool for them and stock it with feeder fish. They show up twice a day to eat and relax for a while before going back to their nest. My own little wildlife park going here :D

It's one of the few things I have never tried eating. Have heard many hunt it for food. Now that I live on a LARGE property we have a LOT of critters that have the run of the place. Dogs have a door but can't leave it open at night here as critters would soon start to venture into the home. Place is kind of its own ecosystem, with me helping. :D
Feed the cute stuff. Predators come and eat the stuff I fatten up. Been fun to watch up close. So far nothing is trying to get past the protections I built for the chickens so I allow all of them. Dogs were the only thing I thought might become a problem. So far keeping them well fed has kept them the away from the house. Once in a while one will trip one of the motion detectors but they are passing through and move fast. Do not even stop to look at the place the chickens are that they surely know are there. Told the Wife I had hoped that by keeping a supply of easy food the predators would leave us alone. So far working great. HUGE mated pair of Raccoons is the only thing that I have come close to firing on. Went out with a paintball marker couple times when they were getting to close to the home but never had to fire at them. They beat feet the second they see me so I so far "live and let live". Even have a mated pair of Mallards finally. Set up a small pool for them and stock it with feeder fish. They show up twice a day to eat and relax for a while before going back to their nest. My own little wildlife park going here :D
There are doggy door locks that work with a tag that goes on the dog's collar. Of course they have their own security issues, but it might be worth looking into.

I was working at a fabrication shop in California one summer and thought I saw a giant rat out of the corner of my eye. Not once, but twice. I went over to where I'd seen it and... nothing. And none of my coworkers saw it, either.

Just about the time we all figured it must have been a hallucination, I saw it again, going the opposite direction.

I went to look again and this time I found a baby possum hiding behind some tanks of welding gas. I borrowed a pair of heavy gloves from one of the heat-treating guys and grabbed Baby Pogo and carried him outside.

They really do look like rats. Big, hissing, drooling, Downs Syndrome rats, with heads just begging for a Louisville Slugger comb-over.

"He said that the lost opossum was visibly distressed by the crowded bar.

"This poor thing, with its nocturnal eyesight, and [a] rambunctious crowd, ran confused looking for a way out. Unfortunately, it's not too easy for these..""

Wrong.
There's only one thing possums look for and you know it. Testicles.

As a kid we had pet possum.
Got it litter box trained and it went for walks with our dog.

Friendly and good with our dog and cats....but she was dumb as box of rocks.
We couldn't leave her out if we left the house for any length of time....
She would walk into a cornner of the house....and get stuck....
She sometimes would forget that she could back up or turn around...:eek: :D
Andy

Wrong.
There's only one thing possums look for and you know it. Testicles.
Good thing I was done with my coffee!

I'd never seen a possum in the reals, being from Utah. When we moved here to NE potland I had my doberman, Duchess. We had the front door ajar one summer night and duchess had been outside. Well she had killed a possum. And brought it in the house. Geezus! I got a shovel and took the dead possum outside and put it on the lawn to deal with in the light of day. I was studying the beast, when it came back to life, lifted its head, looked and me and HISSED!!!!! GFDAMN!!! Wham! Wham! Wham, like three time with the shovel. The thing was bleeding from the head somewhere, don't remember. Next morning the thing was gone. I think I'd take possums over raccoons though. Racoons be the DEVIL!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top