JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, all right.

I know a guy who is all into purple. He shows up in classes wearing purple, has purple mags, purple on his guns and he's plenty competent in their use. I gave him a purple ammo can and turned him onto Winchester's purple cased training ammo, which he bought a couple cases. Maybe it was him you saw, but I doubt it.
https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/prod...rem-winchester-dhs-purple-casing-62gr-ot-ammo

My lady is obsessed with purple....i now need to find this ammo, thanks!

I knew it was legal, but I didn't think it was sensible... but realized that's more my issue, and not something worth bogging police down with, especially when they are already overwhelmed due to budget cuts and rise in more serious crimes.

I bought my first guns in December 2020, so I'm still forming my identity as a gun owner. Greatly appreciate this forum where I can learn from far more experience heater owners!

Consider anything you might be extremely experienced in for more than a decade and compare that to someone who "just started" 4 months ago, how much insight or value do you think they could provide to you about that topic when they share their opinions.

Food for thought.

Here Ye, Here Ye! The Forum Member Rickysays raised a question, stated his opinion, was shown another POV by most of us, and recanted his position.

I am seriously concerned that this thread has gone all day and we are still kicking him. Not a good look.

I knew it was legal, but I didn't think it was sensible... but realized that's more my issue, and not something worth bogging police down with, especially when they are already overwhelmed due to budget cuts and rise in more serious crimes.

I bought my first guns in December 2020, so I'm still forming my identity as a gun owner. Greatly appreciate this forum where I can learn from far more experience heater owners!

Thank you for your actual sensibility and logic in recanting you former statement. Im going to respond to you as an advocate of the 2a, Which I hope you to be as well. I know you just started and I know it can be quite intimidating when you see. However attempt just for a bit to imagine that you are in their shoes.

I can assure you, it is not comfortable if you have SA nor is it easy considering you have to unload and lock up. Conversely that means you have to lock and load in the parking lot...discreetly. It is a lot of pressure and it's not fun being able to be kicked out of a store on a managers whim.

that said I would and did choose to go armed regardless of the communal repercussions.

Here Ye, Here Ye! The Forum Member Rickysays raised a question, stated his opinion, was shown another POV by most of us, and recanted his position.

I am seriously concerned that this thread has gone all day and we are still kicking him. Not a good look.

Lighten up, Francis…” | Julie Han Coaching

It's all good.

Thank you for your actual sensibility and logic in recanting you former statement. Im going to respond to you as an advocate of the 2a, Which I hope you to be as well. I know you just started and I know it can be quite intimidating when you see. However attempt just for a bit to imagine that you are in their shoes.

I can assure you, it is not comfortable if you have SA nor is it easy considering you have to unload and lock up. Conversely that means you have to lock and load in the parking lot...discreetly. It is a lot of pressure and it's not fun being able to be kicked out of a store on a managers whim.

that said I would and did choose to go armed regardless of the communal repercussions.
Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate your perspective!

It is not a problem, I would and will share gladly my experiences with all those who would listen wether to learn of my follies or to learn a good lesson.

I am of course not an authority on the subject I've merely learned and wish to pass my own knowledge of the subject.

Straight up speaking, I would never penalize my apprentice for lacking info they never had, that would make me a tyrant.

you have done well by yourself regardless of my first impressions....which says more about myself and that I have much to learn about being a mentor to the 2a.

Times are changing and I would love to invite you to a shoot so we could both learn much about our each of our own misconceptions.

you ever find yourself up this way and I would love to take you out shooting.

When you want to be the most eye catching gun vending machine in the building.

I say keep it in ur pants. I used to OC when I was younger and lived in Michigan but now I only see a use for it when I'm camping, in the woods in general or at the range. I'm also not trying to be the first target when someone decides they want to act a fool.

Just more clarification, you can tell a lot about people based on their behavior/demeanor. Generally the extreme vast majority of people who open carry are "good people" that you have nothing to worry about. The absolutely tiny amount of people who you should be wary of will generally be demonstrating that by their behavior/actions and that could be true of any person you should be wary of, even if you see a gun or not.

Here's the part that a lot of people don't realize - criminals and people who are willing to harm you and not care about the law - those people generally already conceal their guns without a conceal carry permit, and often those guns were illegally obtained.

You can understand why many gun owners are exasperated at more laws when all the people who are "the problem" already break every law in existence to do what they do, and more laws won't magically change that.

When you want to be the most eye catching gun vending machine in the building.

I say keep it in ur pants. I used to OC when I was younger and lived in Michigan but now I only see a use for it when I'm camping, in the woods in general or at the range. I'm also not trying to be the first target when someone decides they want to act a fool.

Tactically speaking, I agree, but if you are in the woods you still can encounter other people. How does the vending machine status change in that regard?

Constitutional concealed carry would certainly alleviate the pearl clutching of the Marxists who oppose open carry. But it does seem that logic and reason eludes them.

True - but good marxists don't want the people to have access to firearms at all, only the government, because they only do what's best for the people... (and it's also easier to commit mass murder against dissidents that way too, something good marxists also appreciate)

Kinda late to the party and not to:s0013:but here's my two cents (and doubtful it's worth that much).....

The open carry guy wants the same thing that the conceal carry guy wants.....to possess the ability to protect himself when SHTF. Probably a lot of reasons a guy will OC vs CC. Like if a guy can only afford a big arsed revolver, he's just not gonna be able to CC it. Unless, of course, he wants to look like Ron Jeremy. We all don't have the scratch to afford a sidearm for every day of the month.

That being said, there is nothing to fear of open carry folks and I actually enjoy having one or two in the vicinity at all times. As a general rule, they will draw all of the bad guys' attention which makes it easier for me to either exit stage left, or to quietly get the drop on the bad guy and neutralize the threat myself.

If I see anyone crazy enough or bold enough to open carry in a store or public place where there are people around, I am doing two things.

1. Leaving the area immediately.
2. Calling the police.

I don't see any need to open carry unless you're out away, whether it's a law or not, and I suspect the police would want to have a conversation with that person to determine level of threat.

It may be a right, but that doesn't mean I have to be comfortable with it.

EDIT: please scroll down and take a peak at my follow up comments before you make a hasty / heated reply. This community should be able to handle some reasonable discussion, which in this case includes some rethinking based on feedback provided.
PLEASE KEEP OUT OF IDAHO!!!
nough said.

It is not a problem, I would and will share gladly my experiences with all those who would listen wether to learn of my follies or to learn a good lesson.

I am of course not an authority on the subject I've merely learned and wish to pass my own knowledge of the subject.

Straight up speaking, I would never penalize my apprentice for lacking info they never had, that would make me a tyrant.

you have done well by yourself regardless of my first impressions....which says more about myself and that I have much to learn about being a mentor to the 2a.

Times are changing and I would love to invite you to a shoot so we could both learn much about our each of our own misconceptions.

you ever find yourself up this way and I would love to take you out shooting.
That'd be awesome.

I have memberships with the PSTC at the Clackamas Sheriffs office and also at Douglas Ridge. My CHL appointment is scheduled for early May.

I usually shoot once a week at one of those places, and so far I own a Glock 43x, a 12GA semi-auto and a Sako S20 in 30-06.

It's a fun hobby so far but is also more than just a hobby... it's affecting/improving the way I approach literally every situation. There's a lot to observe about people and typically a lot more beneath what can be visually observed.

But that's worthy of a whole separate thread and I've hijacked this current one enough already.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top