JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, some of us cannot help but post first and read the thread later.

Rickysays reversed his position and admitted it to the forum and this is how we learn. He is setting a great example on how to have a discourse.
You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but some of you guys are using a Bug Assault and peppering new members with salt.
Now If only I could get this many replies to the ammo ads I posted a couple days ago ;)

holy cow, I think I know that photo, from way back in my OIF days running dfacs for the U S Army..2005/06??? Thats how soldiers carried there M9 when they went out for a run.
Leave it to the Army. And they say Marines are dumb..... lol.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately, Open carry has gotten a bad rap, with all the Kens and Karans out there, what IS a RIGHT in most places is also a big controversy because society has chosen to make it so! All those Woke Modernists think that we shouldn't have to be armed, and that those who are are a problem, and never mind rights, it's where we are as a society! In a lot of places in this country, Open carry is a simple fact of life, its welcomed, accepted, and generally ignored, and folks tend to get along better and simply go about their lives with out getting bent out of shape! I wish more of this country was accepting of the right, but again, here we are! At home in my A.O. open carry is completely normal, and it's common to see long guns over the shoulder or the back window of a truck, and it's equality common to see men and women openly carrying a side arm, and most even view it as a part of their fashion choices for the day! While it's legal in most places across the land, folks have taken it upon themselves to make a big deal out of it, and all attempts to suppress that have gotten us where we are, with many cities and areas making demands counter to those rights!

Unfortunately, Open carry has gotten a bad rap, with all the Kens and Karans out there, what IS a RIGHT in most places is also a big controversy because society has chosen to make it so! All those Woke Modernists think that we shouldn't have to be armed, and that those who are are a problem, and never mind rights, it's where we are as a society! In a lot of places in this country, Open carry is a simple fact of life, its welcomed, accepted, and generally ignored, and folks tend to get along better and simply go about their lives with out getting bent out of shape! I wish more of this country was accepting of the right, but again, here we are! At home in my A.O. open carry is completely normal, and it's common to see long guns over the shoulder or the back window of a truck, and it's equality common to see men and women openly carrying a side arm, and most even view it as a part of their fashion choices for the day! While it's legal in most places across the land, folks have taken it upon themselves to make a big deal out of it, and all attempts to suppress that have gotten us where we are, with many cities and areas making demands counter to those rights!
Combat boots, semi-auto. Cowboy boots, revolver. Everyone knows that. :)

If I see anyone crazy enough or bold enough to open carry in a store or public place where there are people around, I am doing two things.

1. Leaving the area immediately.
2. Calling the police.

I don't see any need to open carry unless you're out away, whether it's a law or not, and I suspect the police would want to have a conversation with that person to determine level of threat.

It may be a right, but that doesn't mean I have to be comfortable with it.

Go back and read posts #4 and #9. You should practice.

Hey now...
I was going to join the Marines....But my recruiter said I couldn't....'Cause my folks were married...:eek: :D
( Just kidding here...But who is "Amy"..? )
Andy
That's not the first time I've seen you use that joke.

That's not the first time I've seen you use that joke.
Nope...and won't be the last.... :D

in all seriousness I did think about joining the Marines...but I could not get a "guarantee" on the MOS that I wanted....the Army , did , so there I went.

More importantly...
It is a joke...and all who have served , have my respect , no matter what branch , MOS or area of duty.
Andy

Nope...and won't be the last.... :D

in all seriousness I did think about joining the Marines...but I could not get a "guarantee" on the MOS that I wanted....the Army , did , so there I went.

More importantly...
It is a joke...and all who have served , have my respect , no matter what branch , MOS or area of duty.
Andy
Don't worry. You didn't hurt any feelings. I'm dead inside. There is nothing to hurt. Fueled by caffeine and hate for people. Although I do think Marines are better. But I am a bit biased.

Wasn't worried about hurt feelings...just looked like an explanation was needed.
Carry on or over or whatever....
Andy
Most people give an explanation when they stay I was going to join the Marines but...... I just sit and nod my head with a smile on my face.

Personally, I love the "I'm pro-gun and pro-Constitution, but I hate the 2nd Amendment and do not feel people have any Constitutional God-Given Rights." The sheriff we had here was one of those. If you feel you have to run out of a store where someone is using their God-Given RIghts, because YOU can't handle people having rights, that's fine with me, but calling the cops to harass the person for no apparent reason other than YOU fearing THEIR God-Given Rights and YOU can't handle it..., well that tells me all I need to know about you, your mental health, and if you should be allowed to own, much less carry a gun.

Your right to swing your arms ends at my nose, and YOUR right to own/carry or anything else ends when YOU prove YOU can't be trusted to not infringe on MY rights and don't want anyone else to have THEIR rights either. It's OK for you to have rights, but you don't want anyone else to have their rights, and for you to harass/infinge on their rights. Sure. EVERYONE gets/has rights until they prove they can't handle them safely and responsibly, like panicking and attacking anyone who is using their rights, and harming no one while going about their honest and lawful business. Right.

Getting caught with your pants down and recanting is also not exactly reassuring, even though I probably have had to rethink a position as well, but certainly not on my views of the Constitution, personal rights, and harassing people who are using their personal rights and harming no one. This is the problem I talk about constantly, the "I'm pro-gun and pro-Constitution, BUT...I am going to interfere with THEIR rights and harass them, because I don't like OTHER people having any Rights or being bold, and want to infringe on their rights to make myself feel "safe", 'big'', ''powerful,'' whatever. I feel that only I'm right, only MY feelings matter, ME. I, MYSELF," etc., so on and so forth. That ''thinking'' got biden elected,

Too many "pro-rights" people (or those who claim they are) seem to think no one else has any rights, only they get to decide what rights the sheeple should get, and how much of those rights others should get. Sorry, you either get ALL your rights or you don't get ANY. With biden, we soon won't have any rights, and will live happily ever after in Slaveville where only our masters will have guns and no one will run out of a store.

If I see anyone crazy enough or bold enough to open carry in a store or public place where there are people around, I am doing two things.

2. Calling the police.

I don't see any need to open carry unless you're out away, whether it's a law or not, and I suspect the police would want to have a conversation with that person to determine level of threat.

Now what's wrong with piercings and tattoos?

On a Marine? Not one damned thing!
I wore a pink T shirt when I competed in tactical two gun and I "won" frequently, guys showing up in tactical gear had mixed reactions about that. I'm possibly one of the most "conservative" guys you've exchanged messages with, though that may be hard to comprehend based on my location. I really don't view purple grips as similar to the general mindset of people who get gauges, die their hair, vote blue, etc. There's some really expensive sports cars that "macho" men drool over that are purple and other similar colors. The grips seem in similar taste.
I just figure bright color grip in a rural setting is akin to putting a sign on your back that says "Hey I'm open carrying a gun!" And already been discussed, open carry may tend to bring attention to you. If you can handle it, fine. No sweat for me!

And I think purple is a fine color. One of Wify's favorites. In clothing, not guns. I don't think?

Personally, I love the "I'm pro-gun and pro-Constitution, but I hate the 2nd Amendment and do not feel people have any Constitutional God-Given Rights." The sheriff we had here was one of those. If you feel you have to run out of a store where someone is using their God-Given RIghts, because YOU can't handle people having rights, that's fine with me, but calling the cops to harass the person for no apparent reason other than YOU fearing THEIR God-Given Rights and YOU can't handle it..., well that tells me all I need to know about you, your mental health, and if you should be allowed to own, much less carry a gun.

Your right to swing your arms ends at my nose, and YOUR right to own/carry or anything else ends when YOU prove YOU can't be trusted to not infringe on MY rights and don't want anyone else to have THEIR rights either. It's OK for you to have rights, but you don't want anyone else to have their rights, and for you to harass/infinge on their rights. Sure. EVERYONE gets/has rights until they prove they can't handle them safely and responsibly, like panicking and attacking anyone who is using their rights, and harming no one while going about their honest and lawful business. Right.

Getting caught with your pants down and recanting is also not exactly reassuring, even though I probably have had to rethink a position as well, but certainly not on my views of the Constitution, personal rights, and harassing people who are using their personal rights and harming no one. This is the problem I talk about constantly, the "I'm pro-gun and pro-Constitution, BUT...I am going to interfere with THEIR rights and harass them, because I don't like OTHER people having any Rights or being bold, and want to infringe on their rights to make myself feel "safe", 'big'', ''powerful,'' whatever. I feel that only I'm right, only MY feelings matter, ME. I, MYSELF," etc., so on and so forth. That ''thinking'' got biden elected,

Too many "pro-rights" people (or those who claim they are) seem to think no one else has any rights, only they get to decide what rights the sheeple should get, and how much of those rights others should get. Sorry, you either get ALL your rights or you don't get ANY. With biden, we soon won't have any rights, and will live happily ever after in Slaveville where only our masters will have guns and no one will run out of a store.
Wow. Just wow.

2. Calling the police.

EDIT: please scroll down and take a peak at my follow up comments before you make a hasty / heated reply. This community should be able to handle some reasonable discussion, which in this case includes some rethinking based on feedback provided.
Why would you call the police if the open carried firearm is slung or holstered and the person is conducting themselves appropriately? That just wastes leo time and resources where they could be better suited elsewhere.
At best it warrants higher situational awareness, but not leo involvement. If you saw something unsafe like direct handling or muzzle sweeping of the firearm or even got bad vibes from their presentation I could possibly understand.. but involving officers for no good reason? Wastes the carriers time as well as the responding officers.

Why would you call the police if the open carried firearm is slung or holstered and the person is conducting themselves appropriately? That just wastes leo time and resources where they could be better suited elsewhere.
At best it warrants higher situational awareness, but not leo involvement. If you saw something unsafe like direct handling or muzzle sweeping of the firearm or even got bad vibes from their presentation I could possibly understand.. but involving officers for no good reason? Wastes the carriers time as well as the responding officers.
Read a little further. He's changed his mind. And I think it's genuine, not peer pressure.

Read a little further. He's changed his mind. And I think it's genuine, not peer pressure.
Fair enough. I must have missed those posts. I dont at all mind the opposing opinion on OC as we're a diverse community here.. some support it, others do not.. its the calling the cops I took issue with. But minds can always change.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top