JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to an auction out in Hillsboro that was mostly furniture and knick knacks, but had a few guns. What they finally sold for has me stumped.

One rifle was a beater Japanese WW2 surplus. $125. Seemed fair, maybe cheap.
One was a cleaner Japanese WW2 surplus with a clean chrysanthemum and the wire monopod. It was a clean nice complete sample with typical war bumps and scrapes. I was guessing $50, but it went for $225.
One was an 11mm Mauser, 187? era, complete and functional. I would also have put this one at $450 or so, but it might have been hampered by the hard to find caliber. It went for $225

Here's the doozy. There was a trapdoor springfield carbine, advertised "for parts" and boy were they right. It was a replica, had a plastic stock, the hinge pin was missing so the breechblock falls in your hand, the action looked and felt "cheezy", and the odd thing was it had an original old barrel and rear sight. I know the sight can sell for $30 or so on Ebay, but I was thinking this was a $25 rifle so I could get a couple springs and sear parts. It went for $450 or so. The odd thing was, the auctioneer started at $300 and at least 2 people were bidding, so it wasn't just one fool. By comparison, a quality reproduction in clean accurate condition is about $500.

I'm just stumped, and a little peeved at myself that I stopped bidding on the Mauser.

I did no go to this particular auction, but went to a similar one at the same location a couple of months ago. I was completely shocked at how much some of these old weapons were going for. Way out of my price range. A mosin went for about $400. A couple of mausers 8mm and 11mm went for over $350. I usually only go on the nights they auction firearms, but figured this time I could skip, nothing of interest for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top